Missing in action?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Penn ar bed (29)
Has thanked: 733 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Missing in action?

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm

What has happened to jsks, Veem, Biggles and several others who used to be here regularly?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

User avatar
Fitter
Posts: 2086
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:17 pm
Location: Brittany 56
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 472 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by Fitter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:16 pm

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm
What has happened to jsks, Veem, Biggles and several others who used to be here regularly?
P.O.W. at the forum that must not be mentioned?
“He who controls the past, controls the future; and he who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell “1984”

User avatar
After the Storm
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm
Location: Where Mysty is.
Has thanked: 2224 times
Been thanked: 1691 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by After the Storm » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm

FFS, are you keeping a tab on what each of us do or don’t do? Maybe you just need to start more interesting threads to entice us all to join in ;) :P ...but it’s just a forum, people will just come and go.

suein56
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 am
Location: Close to the sea in Morbihan
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by suein56 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm

As Veem/Biggles disappeared just less than a fortnight ago (i'm not keeping tabs honestly just aware that in Shitori/Maraboutdeficelle I am missing an opponent/s) so hopefully they will be back soon : possibly
at the end of their holiday
after whatever occurrence which arrived has passed
whenever they decide to return

Living in hope :)

Edit : Huge thanks to Just a Frenchie who has supported my enthusiasm for Shitori and Maraboutdeficelle admirably :good:
These users thanked the author suein56 for the post:
just a Frenchie (Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:07 pm)
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

User avatar
mysty
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm
Location: dep18 and 23
Has thanked: 700 times
Been thanked: 1028 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by mysty » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm

This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

User avatar
just a Frenchie
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm
Location: Vendée
Has thanked: 729 times
Been thanked: 449 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by just a Frenchie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 pm

mysty wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm
This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.
157 posts per day for 406 members looks pretty good to me !
People come and go, as you say... Do they go because they have lost interest in the forum, because they can't cope with arguments, because something has evolved in their life ? Nobody knows !
To keep a forum active, you need new interesting threads frequently, which is a challenge !
Being French, I try my best... Sometimes, it pays... Not all the time...
A huge "Thank you" to mysty who has a high production rate :D
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

why me?
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by why me? » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:59 pm

just a Frenchie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 pm
mysty wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm
This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.
157 posts per day for 406 members looks pretty good to me !
People come and go, as you say... Do they go because they have lost interest in the forum, because they can't cope with arguments, because something has evolved in their life ? Nobody knows !
To keep a forum active, you need new interesting threads frequently, which is a challenge !
Being French, I try my best... Sometimes, it pays... Not all the time...
A huge "Thank you" to mysty who has a high production rate :D
About 12 posts per day since you joined obviously helps the current figures & must be up there with the most prolific.
These users thanked the author why me? for the post:
just a Frenchie (Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 pm)

User avatar
bluebird
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 233 times
Been thanked: 178 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by bluebird » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:55 pm

just a Frenchie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 pm
mysty wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm
This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.

Being French, I try my best... Sometimes, it pays... Not all the time...
A huge "Thank you" to mysty who has a high production rate :D
At last an answer to something that has been bugging me. Apparently productivity in France is higher than in the UK. I just couldn't understand how.....but, of course it's Mysty :good:
These users thanked the author bluebird for the post:
just a Frenchie (Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:20 am)

User avatar
jsks
Posts: 3567
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: Lincs & N Yorks
Has thanked: 335 times
Been thanked: 1285 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by jsks » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:53 pm

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm
What has happened to jsks, Veem, Biggles and several others who used to be here regularly?
I was wondering that, too.

User avatar
Ally
Posts: 7098
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 am
Location: NW 23
Has thanked: 1338 times
Been thanked: 1984 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by Ally » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Action? I've been wonder for a fortnight, who goes to flippin' Acton?
Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Post Reply