Visiting Europe After Brexit.....

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
Spardo

Re: Visiting Europe After Brexit.....

Post by Spardo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:05 pm

exile wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:36 am
I hope more than just not reading it, you have it in your car. It can be demanded by the G's if you are stopped. The vignette itself is not always accepted.
Absolutely, I was stopped in the old Saxo and it turned out that I had thrown away the new vignette instead of the old one. :roll:

In addition I had neglected to put the full bit in the car, the first time ever, in fact I often keep several just to be sure :innocent:

I asked the gendarme who told me to produce it at the Brigade the following day if there would be an amende. He replied 'no, as long as you bring it tomorrow'. I did just that, even showed it to the same G who this time was behind the desk. Smiles and handshakes as I left. :D

2 weeks later a fine of €35 dropped into the postbox. :evil:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Hard to resist smiling when you have just done someone up like a kipper :D

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 pm

71817387_2756707817721606_4729638619378089984_n.jpg
I Never Did Mind About The Little Things.....
https://youtu.be/OSQR_GpCtEo

curtis

Post by curtis » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Spardo wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:05 pm
exile wrote:
I hope more than just not reading it, you have it in your car. It can be demanded by the G's if you are stopped. The vignette itself is not always accepted.
Absolutely, I was stopped in the old Saxo and it turned out that I had thrown away the new vignette instead of the old one. :roll:

In addition I had neglected to put the full bit in the car, the first time ever, in fact I often keep several just to be sure :innocent:

I asked the gendarme who told me to produce it at the Brigade the following day if there would be an amende. He replied 'no, as long as you bring it tomorrow'. I did just that, even showed it to the same G who this time was behind the desk. Smiles and handshakes as I left. :D

Presumably, you went back to query it ?
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Spardo

Post by Spardo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am

curtis wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:38 pm
Spardo wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:05 pm
exile wrote:

Presumably, you went back to query it ?
Query what? I was bang to rights, you must by law carry 2 bits of green paper in your car at all times, one of which must be readable from the outside. A gendarme fibbed. :roll: