Registered to vote in EU election in UK?

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
DominicBest

Re: Registered to vote in EU election in UK?

Post by DominicBest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:25 am

I’m sure that I read that the extension until October 31st was dependent on Britain taking part in the European elections. Failure to do so would mean an immediate exit. Given the recent indecision that’s pretty sure in my book.

misswoodentop

Re: Registered to vote in EU election in UK?

Post by misswoodentop » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Thats what I thought, I cannot see how that would prevent the UK being "represented by the likes of Forage" unless you vote in both countries?
If you are a French resident and UK citizen you can vote in either, not both.
I missed the registration date for France - it was really early, considering the elections aren't until May.
So I've checked the UK dates for registration, and started the process to resurrect my electoral rights, so I can vote for a pro-EU candidate for the UK, to stop waste-of-spaces anti-EU trolls like forage who have no interest in the smooth running of the EU Parliament, or the well-being of UK citizens.
The more people vote for proper MEPs, not scrounging nose-in-trough layabouts, the message will be sent that it is the 'will of the people' to have a proper referendum, and the more information is made available about how the EU works, and the benefits that membership brings, especially to poorer areas, the better chance that Remain will finally win, and the exiters can 'go and live somewhere else', as he has promised....
These users thanked the author misswoodentop for the post (total 2):
lindal1000 (Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am) • Gardengirl (Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:05 am)
Rating: 22.22%