carte de sejour application

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
vic evans

Re: carte de sejour application

Post by vic evans » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:33 pm

The nice lady at Quimper who took our dossiers in Oct last said we would be told by SMS when the cards were ready in about 2 months.
Well that didn't happen & 2 months was well up so, as they're not accepting telephone enquiries, we took a trip to the prefecture today to find out what was going on.
First in queue after lunch & very nice man presented us with our cards. In/out in 5 minutes.
Altogether a painless experience.
Parking was free today also :D
I'm here to help where I can. The sarcasm & insults are just a complimentary service I provide.

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Archy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:12 pm
limousinlady wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 pm
yes, I see, I thought you were referring to my spelling mistake in first post to clarify the meaning. So is it just an interview for finalisation or something more sinister?
Have you supplied your photos and have you had your fingerprints taken, if not that may be the reason. Try not to worry about it as we've had to go back once with new photos even though we used a machine that had the french ministry logo (too dark) and then again for fingerprints which weren't acceptable by the company who fabricates the cards. Mrs A.
Photos supplied but we havent had our fingerprints taken yet. We applied at the end of October by post as is normal for HV, this is the first we have heard from them.

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 am

I received an SMS yesterday to say that our CdS are ready to be collected. We applied on Dec 17 so just about 3 weeks and that includes the holidays.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Which department?

ajm

Post by ajm » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:45 pm

How long to get a rdv to collect the CDs?

Maricopa

Post by Maricopa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:51 pm

DominicBest wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 pm
Which department?
I believe rabbit is in the Hérault.
Male SPV :)

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks.

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am

No I am in Morbihan. It took about 10 weeks to get an appointment. The appointment itself was about 30mins. I went yesterday to pick it up, but failed. I had taken my passport as proof of ID but they wanted the certificate they had given me that stated that I had applied. IE when you have made a successful application they provide you with a temporary document that says you have applied for a CdS. So make sure you take this temporary doc when you go to pick up your CdS.

vic evans

Post by vic evans » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 am

rabbit wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am
No I am in Morbihan. It took about 10 weeks to get an appointment. The appointment itself was about 30mins. I went yesterday to pick it up, but failed. I had taken my passport as proof of ID but they wanted the certificate they had given me that stated that I had applied. IE when you have made a successful application they provide you with a temporary document that says you have applied for a CdS. So make sure you take this temporary doc when you go to pick up your CdS.
Seems like each prefecture has it's own system.
Here in Finistere we were given no such document & told that we'd receive an sms telling us when the cards were ready.
No sms was received so we went to the prefecture, presented our passports & were handed the CdS.
I'm here to help where I can. The sarcasm & insults are just a complimentary service I provide.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 am

rabbit wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am
It seems a strange rule when the card that you are picking up is a valid proof of identity and they have your photograph, signature and fingerprints if they want to be absolutely sure. :)
It reminds me about when I needed to use a UK solicitor. They told me that, for money laundering regulations, they needed proof of my identity. No problem I had my passport... and my photo driving licence... and an MOD photo identity card... All showed my photo, date of birth etc but no, their rules said a utility bill.