carte de séjour

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
DominicBest

Re: carte de séjour

Post by DominicBest » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm

It was a genuine question.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Roadrat.

When you say the caisse who organise it, do you mean it was them that organised your employees place on the course or did you accept a formation that claimed to be accredited which turned out not to be?

If the first case then thay have got some front expecting you to pay for it!

As a user and effectively blackmailed purchaser of these training services can I ask you what your opinion is of GRETA assuming that you have dealt with them please?

I have an involvement with them and am still trying to get my head around whether they have anything to offer as a quasi state organisation bidding for contracts in an effectively private market against private competition, I know people like yourself have no choice but to pay the ransom but you do have the choice in who you spend it with.

PM me if you prefer.

lindal1000

Post by lindal1000 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

The French Interior Ministry have now published their preparations for our future in the event of a no deal. You can read about it here.,including the bit about the requirement to have a CdS.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualite ... xit/Sejour
These users thanked the author lindal1000 for the post (total 5):
DominicBest (Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 pm) • Maricopa (Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm) • Le Démerdeur (Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:42 pm) • Loup-garou (Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 pm) • Shely (Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:43 pm)
Rating: 55.56%

Roadrat

Post by Roadrat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 pm
Roadrat.

When you say the caisse who organise it, do you mean it was them that organised your employees place on the course or did you accept a formation that claimed to be accredited which turned out not to be?

If the first case then thay have got some front expecting you to pay for it!

As a user and effectively blackmailed purchaser of these training services can I ask you what your opinion is of GRETA assuming that you have dealt with them please?

I have an involvement with them and am still trying to get my head around whether they have anything to offer as a quasi state organisation bidding for contracts in an effectively private market against private competition, I know people like yourself have no choice but to pay the ransom but you do have the choice in who you spend it with.

PM me if you prefer.
Our training Caisse is Forco, we used them once before for my wife/accountant to have some extra French lessons, the Caisse were invoicing something like 40€ an hour but the local tutor they sent round was getting the SMIC.

In the on going row, the Caisse said they would sign up the training organisation and we could start, the training organisation said they could do it without asking which Caisse, we weren't aware it would make a difference. But when they discovered it was Forco they said they can't do it with those .........'s, sign up procedure is designed to be impossible, you will have to pay yourself. So we are at an impasse for now.

My next fight is for state aid that was dangled for me to build premises in a ZRR, promised 30% up to 100K, started all the preparation dossier, research and quotes etc, but now they say because of one word they don't like in our trading description on the KBIS we will only get a maximum of 30k.
Brexit see also Brexshit n
(toht-l krap)

The undefined being negotiated by
the unprepared in order to get
the unspecified for the uninformed.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:54 pm

lindal1000 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm
The French Interior Ministry have now published their preparations for our future in the event of a no deal. You can read about it here.,including the bit about the requirement to have a CdS.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualite ... xit/Sejour
Thanks for that :good:

No nasty surprises if there is a withdrawal agreement, I picked out 2 relevant things if there is not:

Sera-t-il nécessaire pour les ressortissants britanniques d’obtenir un titre de séjour ? Quelles seront les démarches à effectuer pour obtenir un titre de séjour?

En cas d’accord de retrait entrant en vigueur

Les ressortissants britanniques présents en France avant le 31 décembre 2020 devront demander le nouveau titre prévu par l'accord de retrait. Ils pourront en faire la demande au moins jusqu'en juillet 2021, selon des modalités et un calendrier qui seront précisés ultérieurement.
Les Britanniques arrivés en France après le 1er janvier 2021 devront solliciter un titre de droit commun.

En cas d’absence d’accord de retrait

Il sera nécessaire de présenter une demande de titre de séjour après le 29 mars 2019, selon des modalités qui seront précisées ultérieurement.

and

Les titres de séjour obtenus avant mars 2019 seront-ils toujours valables après l’échéance de mars ?

En cas d’accord de retrait entrant en vigueur

Les titres UE obtenus avant mars 2019 (dont la possession n'est pas obligatoire) continueront à être valables durant la période de transition qui court jusqu'au 31 décembre 2020. Ils devront être remplacés en revanche au-delà de cette période par le nouveau titre prévu par l'accord. Les demandes de titre pourront être déposées selon un calendrier qui sera précisé ultérieurement et en tout état de cause au moins jusqu'en juillet 2021

En cas d’absence d’accord de retrait

Les titres de séjour obtenus avant le 30 mars 2019 devront être échangés selon un calendrier qui sera précisé ultérieurement.

Best case for those who have already got their titre de séjours is that they will have to apply for the new document before Juillet 2021, worst case they will have to apply for the yet undefined new document before a date yet to be confirmed but presumably before Juillet 2021.

Best and worst case for those like me who did nothing waiting to see will be exactly as above, the same.

The unknown is what the new document will be, the timescale it will have to be applied for in and whether the existing TDS's will simply be exchanged (probably), it will be after 30th March 2019.

Its heartening that the French government have taken the necessary steps and I hope it will bring relief to those suffering anxiety.

Thanks again for posting.

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:15 am

Not directly concerning CDS but relevant nevertheless, the situation regarding UK driving licences after whichever flavour of Brexit happens, I posted this on here this morning in the Car and Driving section.

I don't know if this info about UK driving licences in France after Brexit has been posted on here before - I couldn't find any sign of it.

From the Interior Ministry.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualite ... e-conduire

A slightly worrying paragraph in it says:-

Q - If I exchange my UK driving license for a French license, can I drive in the UK or recover my driving rights in that country?
A - There is no answer to this question today. It depends on special arrangements to be made by the United Kingdom or reciprocal provisions.
With inky blots and rotten parchment bonds: That England, that was wont to conquer others, Hath made a shameful conquest of itself”.
Shakespeare’s Richard II.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:51 am

I’m a bit worried as we have the RDV for Monday in Toulouse. With the GJ actions we had planned to take the train but were told yesterday they are on strike. I’m not sure now whether we should cancel and arrange another date.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Only you can decide how much you are emotionally invested in getting a document that will soon need to be replaced by another (as yet undefined) document.

If you do cancel the appointment be aware that you are in no rush now (not that there ever was one), you have until July 2021.

buzz

Post by buzz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:43 pm

SW31girl wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:51 am
I’m a bit worried as we have the RDV for Monday in Toulouse. With the GJ actions we had planned to take the train but were told yesterday they are on strike. I’m not sure now whether we should cancel and arrange another date.
I thought the strike had been called off?

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 pm

We have had to cancel the RDV with the prefecture as SNCF had cancelled all of our trains to Toulouse for Monday. I had an email from a man from the prefecture so emailed back that we had cancelled the meetings, via their system, and explained why and that our papers were ready so we will arrange another date.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett