Pathalogical Demand Avoidance

A place to discuss politics, news and current affairs. Remember the rules and stay polite.
PatF

Pathalogical Demand Avoidance

Post by PatF » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am

I've been reading about this condition, which is recognised in the UK as one aspect of the Autistic spectrum.
All this leaves me almost speechless - as an Ed. Psych. I worked with problem children , never heard of this though we recognised basic autism .
Comes from a re-categorisation of psychiatric disorders in the ?90s.
Why this need for labelling? I told husband and he says he definitely has it, as well as dyslexia and dispraxia. I think I have a mild case of PDA too.
What do you think? I bet it's not recognised in France.
https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/pda.aspx

Hal

Re: Pathalogical Demand Avoidance

Post by Hal » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 am

Another new fangled thing that I definitely had/have!
I had the odd ism, ADHT or whatever it is called, certainly dislexia and now this. The difference with me was that my teachers just called me a lazy sod, gave me a clip around the ear and told to get on with it! Which we did and in my case, fortunately came out the other side reasonably successful. Problem now is that all these things provide a peg on which to hang your coat without knuckling down and getting on with it.
These users thanked the author Hal for the post:
Aardvark (Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm)
Rating: 11.11%

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm

What he said. 8-)
Brexit [breg-zit, brek-sit] noun, The process where politicians and other lower life forms use democracy to perform the socio-economic destruction of a nation.
see also Armageddon

mysty

Post by mysty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:09 pm

I did not do well at school you would never guess that from my grammar. That was just down to laziness and very low concentration levels. Still the same,its not dyslexia or anything similar.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

george

Post by george » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:29 pm

PatF wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am
I've been reading about this condition, which is recognised in the UK as one aspect of the Autistic spectrum.
All this leaves me almost speechless - as an Ed. Psych. I worked with problem children , never heard of this though we recognised basic autism .
Comes from a re-categorisation of psychiatric disorders in the ?90s.
Why this need for labelling? I told husband and he says he definitely has it, as well as dyslexia and dispraxia. I think I have a mild case of PDA too.
What do you think? I bet it's not recognised in France.
https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/pda.aspx
Very interesting. I get the impression that France has a very limited perspective on mental health relying mostly on psychiatry but if anybody knows differently, I would be very curious to know. Perhaps its the language. We share a common bond of language with the USA, which has given us access to human potential psychology and various other schools of thought.
E Pluribus Unum - Out of Many, One

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 pm

I think that important research material gets translated. Language is no barrier to knowledge.

george

Post by george » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 pm

DominicBest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 pm
I think that important research material gets translated. Language is no barrier to knowledge.
Too general, so what is the french for PDA ? and where do I get info about it in french ? and why does somebody who has worked in the field say "I bet it's not recognized in France" Gestalt is another example.
"The majority of psychoanalytic organizations in France remain faithful to the traditional couch and the various types of the ‛psychodynamic“ movement have found very little response. Concerned with the preservation of the original purity of their approach, most French psychoanalytic groups remain separate from psychotherapy organizations — which they consider with a certain air of condescendence, even opposing most often psychoanalysis to psychotherapy"
http://www.gestalt.lv/pdf/psychotherapy-in-france-3/

My last three posts have attracted negative responses from you so considering your online history as pointed out before on this site, I am blocking you because I know what you are up to, even if you try to dress up your trolling a bit more politely these days. Nice try DB
E Pluribus Unum - Out of Many, One

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 pm

I am allowed to disagree with you. It’s absolutely impossible to believe that research that’s shared between Britain and the USA would be unknown in France because ‘they’ speak a different language. I haven’t got a clue what the rest of your rant is about but I get the impression that you are not going to enlighten me. It would appear that you have a big problem with people who have different opinions to your own and a different opinion does not equal negativity. That is a concept understood by people who speak a vast range of languages.

Ally

Post by Ally » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 am

Jordan's grandmother told me "Oor Jordan's got ADHD."
Totally unimpressed and lacking sympathy, his grandfather added "Oor Jordan's got every effin letter in the alphabet."
These users thanked the author Ally for the post:
PatF (Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:10 pm)
Rating: 11.11%
Never in the history o' calming doon has a Scottish person being telt tae calm doon, ever calmed doon.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 am

I have always avoided any pathological demands made of me by others, never given it any thought until now, if I get diagnosed can I claim disability benefits and get a free car?