Men are brainier than women it's a fact read below

A place for some light-hearted chat.
FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: Men are brainier than women it's a fact read below

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:11 pm

It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it. That applies to both mens' brains.
These users thanked the author FrenchForumSurvivor for the post:
Spagbolal (Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 pm)
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Post by Ally » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Only men with small peepees say that.
Never in the history o' calming doon has a Scottish person being telt tae calm doon, ever calmed doon.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Ally wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 pm
Only men with small peepees say that.
And some women. Admittedly, possibly only those women who want to reassure men with small peepees.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Sidandus

Post by Sidandus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:19 pm

I read it through. I’m with ATS - little variability between women but plenty between men. That’s why the overall perception is that women are more brainy than men - you’re more unlikely to meet a brainy man than a brainy woman. I hope hubby doesn’t read this.

Spagbolal

Post by Spagbolal » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:59 pm

I can't see how the topic title can be drawn from the article, as "brainier" doesn't necessarily mean more intelligent, just more brain (and men have less to do with it). The following supports the theory that women are more intelligent than men, however (my emphasis).
Adjusting for age, on average, they found that women tended to have significantly thicker cortices than men. Thicker cortices have been associated with higher scores on a variety of cognitive and general intelligence tests. Meanwhile, men had higher brain volumes than women in every subcortical region they looked at, including the hippocampus (which plays broad roles in memory and spatial awareness), the amygdala (emotions, memory, and decision-making), striatum (learning, inhibition, and reward-processing), and thalamus (processing and relaying sensory information to other parts of the brain).
It still doesn't explain, though, why women are capable of spinning several mental plates at the same time and men find it difficult to manage more than two things at once.
Spelling, punctuation and grammar benefit our language a lot.

mysty

Post by mysty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Spagbolal wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:59 pm
I can't see how the topic title can be drawn from the article, as "brainier" doesn't necessarily mean more intelligent, just more brain (and men have less to do with it). The following supports the theory that women are more intelligent than men, however (my emphasis).
Adjusting for age, on average, they found that women tended to have significantly thicker cortices than men. Thicker cortices have been associated with higher scores on a variety of cognitive and general intelligence tests. Meanwhile, men had higher brain volumes than women in every subcortical region they looked at, including the hippocampus (which plays broad roles in memory and spatial awareness), the amygdala (emotions, memory, and decision-making), striatum (learning, inhibition, and reward-processing), and thalamus (processing and relaying sensory information to other parts of the brain).
It still doesn't explain, though, why women are capable of spinning several mental plates at the same time and men find it difficult to manage more than two things at once.
That's fake news. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Ally

Post by Ally » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Spagbolal wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:59 pm
Oh aye right. Why is then, when Sally is making the dinner and I ask her to get me a beer, she goes off on one. Multitaskers my big fat curvy!
Never in the history o' calming doon has a Scottish person being telt tae calm doon, ever calmed doon.

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 am

The overwhelming proof that men are cleverer than women is that We get Them to marry us! :idea:

alittlebitmorefrench
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by alittlebitmorefrench » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:34 am

Loup-garou wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 am
The overwhelming proof that men are cleverer than women is that We get Them to marry us! :idea:
That is a fair point. Especially in my case :D

mysty

Post by mysty » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:42 pm

The trouble with woman is they fall for our charm. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience