Food Processors

A place to discuss food, share your recipes and drink choices/recommendations.
Nifty

Re: Food Processors

Post by Nifty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:39 am

I went as far as buying a hand powered chip slicer for my mother when I was about 12. She was thrilled to bits.

PatF

Post by PatF » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 am

I'm not a fan of these big machines, mainly because the chore of cleaning afterwards. And storage space.
I do have a Kenwood robot with dough hook though, and use it regularly.
I also have a small Moulinex gadget, electric, cost about 60 € which is good for grating vegetables etc. Looks like and old fashioned mincer.

F Flinstone
Has thanked: 0

Post by F Flinstone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 pm

A good sharp knife and the knowledge to use them correctly and safely beats a machine IMHO 8-) I do have s liquidizer and a multi speed mixer, but I use the bread maker nearly every week, :D its the type with a nut/fruit dispenser so good for basic loafs and fruity type, dont always use the full cycle, just make the dough, and perhaps the first rise, then shape by hand, into what ever you want. :good: Ff

Stompie

Post by Stompie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:40 pm

I have an old Braun food processor. It doesn't come out that often but when it does it's worth its weight in gold!
Making peanut butter would be impossible by hand, grating masses of veg for coleslaw takes ages and my sponges are always good after bunging everything in the processor.
The stick blender for soup is used almost daily at this time of year and it's one gadget that would be replaced instant if it gave up the ghost! Both of the above were wedding presents 29 years ago do they owe us nothing.