Amazon account hacked?

Where to buy things in France etc.
timbo

Re: Amazon account hacked?

Post by timbo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:50 am

If you set up two factor authentication with Amazon you get a code sent to your phone before you can log in, which reduces the hacking risk.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:19 pm
I have been through 4 banks so far in France in my seemingly hopeless quest to find one that might just treat me as a human being and being prepared to walk when they shaft me again.

Credit Agricole were one of the worst and as usual I could not even close the account without an appointment with a conseilleur a couple of weeks later, when I got there for the RDV I saw that one of the hottest women from my running club was behind one of the counters, we did la bise and I asked her what she was doing there and she told me just helping out at the counter as they were short handed as whe was the manager of that branch and the one in the next town :shock:

Needless to say I kept the account and finally have decent service and a good relationship with Credit Agricole.
Aha! Thinking with your trousers rather than your brain methinks. My "leaving" conseilleur was gorgeous as well, but my battle continued for months after her assuring me that everything was done and dusted.
Brexit [breg-zit, brek-sit] noun, The process where politicians and other lower life forms use democracy to perform the socio-economic destruction of a country.
see also Armageddon

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 am

Story of my life.

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Glad it's being sorted out.

I have used a password manager for a few years now (LastPass, but others are available, as they say). I use it to generate a password for each site, which means I don't have the temptation to reuse passwords 8-) :?

I have only one password to remember, the master password, and I chose that as a fairly lengthy phrase.

LastPass works on all the browsers I use (phone and laptops) so it fills in the password box for me.
Same old nonsense.