We viewed this yesterday offer accepted today

A place for you to discuss your project and/or show photos of what you are doing?
just a Frenchie

Re: We viewed this yesterday offer accepted today

Post by just a Frenchie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Tom wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:59 pm
Good Luck ! Jean-Claude
:D Is that the Jean-Claude who used to post on the now defunct forum from which so many of us emigrated? If so, welcome and many thanks for your advice with our bathroom dropped ceiling.

:lol: It's still hanging in there.
Hi Tom ! Yes, it's the same Jean-Claude back 'on air'... I was mortified when the old forum vanished... And recently, my (Welsh) wife discovered this new forum for my delight...
With a good 40 years experience at building, I don't expect to learn much here, but as a passionate DIYer, I'm happy to offer my help and, as a counterpart, learn more about how Brits survive in our hostile country... :D . I retired 7 years ago after having been a professionnal 'Jack of all trade' for 20years (don't say 'good at none' !) . Speaking a little English, quickly, 90 % of my customer were Brits (word of mouth) and many are still good friends and come to me when they need advice. I don't pretend to know everything, but I'm happy to keep my common sense busy and useful... I don't scan all the topics everyday: if you're desperate, don't hesitate to contact me by private message for a quicker answer ! Cheers - Jean-Claude
These users thanked the author just a Frenchie for the post:
After the Storm (Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:01 pm)
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D