Slinky

Le Démerdeur

Re: Slinky

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 pm

I was going to post that I had chatted with him on this subject. It seems that the later ones, yours at least have been reprogrammed with a time/current cut off curve that is close to the characteristics of what the old thermal disjoncteur d'abonné had and will trip at a similar overcurrent.

Remains to be seen whether its firmware in the later manufactured ones or maybe even from one of the 3 manufacturers or coding that has been reflashed to existing ones by the comms link over the power lines.

Does anyone have a Linky that once tripped bang on the 6/9/12 kva but which now tolerates 30% + overcurrent or is it the same as always?

He also told me that if you remove the offending item causing the overload that the Linky will reset itself automatically, that it will try at least once during a certain time period meaning no more trips outside to reset, can anyone confirm that this now happens with theirs?

If both the above are true for new installs then I no longer have any objection to the passage.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:57 pm

@ Le Démerdeur: the LINKY design makes future upgrades etc. possible. From this cpchardware article the following quote: " La présence d'un microcontrôleur ARM Cortex M3 dans certains modèles de Linky montre un souci d'évolutivité à long terme, sans compter qu'ERDF impose aux fabricants des "réserves" pour de futurs usages : 50 % de la ROM ainsi que 25 % de la RAM doivent rester libres en prévision de futures upgrades." The evolution of species. Energy metering is carried out by a standard STPM10 chip produced by STmicroelectronics, so it's up to ENEDIS to see what kind of action they want to take with it's output.

Searching the internet with "linky dépassement de puissance" etc. I did not yet find a confirmation for a software update to make Linky more friendly. Insiders only, corporate secret?
Last edited by RobertArthur on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks for all the information on the Linky. It seems that many are content with theirs, having heard from others too.

I assume that there will be visits for installation soon, but we won’t be back in France until mid-September and nobody has a key to our apartment except for us; presumably they will have to make an appointment for the following weeks when we’ll be there.

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 pm
I was going to post that I had chatted with him on this subject. It seems that the later ones, yours at least have been reprogrammed with a time/current cut off curve that is close to the characteristics of what the old thermal disjoncteur d'abonné had and will trip at a similar overcurrent.

Remains to be seen whether its firmware in the later manufactured ones or maybe even from one of the 3 manufacturers or coding that has been reflashed to existing ones by the comms link over the power lines.

Does anyone have a Linky that once tripped bang on the 6/9/12 kva but which now tolerates 30% + overcurrent or is it the same as always?

He also told me that if you remove the offending item causing the overload that the Linky will reset itself automatically, that it will try at least once during a certain time period meaning no more trips outside to reset, can anyone confirm that this now happens with theirs?

If both the above are true for new installs then I no longer have any objection to the passage.
I don't think ours resets itself - we've tripped it once by having a combination of 2 electric towel rails, 2 electric radiators, a 2 kw kettle, the cooker oven and the microwave, plus all the other stuff all on at once. Had to go outside and reset it.
With inky blots and rotten parchment bonds: That England, that was wont to conquer others, Hath made a shameful conquest of itself”.
Shakespeare’s Richard II.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.