Knackered double oven

elsie

Re: Knackered double oven

Post by elsie » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 pm

A problem with buying large items like double ovens from the UK for installation in France is the warranty. Some spares may not be stocked in France. I have a separate Neff oven and a Siemens microwave combi oven installed over it in a double oven style. I've had them for over fifteen years without any problems apart from the oven fan heating element (but that is a standard element so getting s replacement wasn't a problem).

The reason for the slightly odd combination, despite both coming from the Bosch Group, is they didn't sell the a Bosch/Neff/Siemens version of the microwave combi oven in France and it had to be imported from Belgium. The Neff oven was the only version of the oven marketed in France.

My sister has had a new AEG double oven installed in the last year and had to have the glass doors replaced after a couple of months as they had poor seals and were misting up/retaining water.

If you click on that link I posted earlier http://www.archiexpo.fr/tab/double-four ... rable.html most of the ovens are stainless. But if you click on a manufacturer, e.g. Neff you will then see the Neff range including white ovens.

Veem

Post by Veem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Thank you elsie. I certainly will chase up your suggestion tomorrow, but at the moment I feel completely over-ovened and am off to bed.

Mike
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:28 pm

And do be careful when specifying a double ovens they can have a combined Amp draw over your allocated maximum if you are using the hob at the same time.

Veem

Post by Veem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks for the tips.

We have now ordered a Neff double built in oven from the UK and hope it will be fitted within a fortnight. I hope too it will prove to be more dependable than the de Dietrich, which quite honestly, I shall be glad to see the back of.

I still love my De Dietrich induction hob though. :good: :good: :good: