Earth clamp label colours

Mike

Earth clamp label colours

Post by Mike »

Can't seem to find anything in the French Regulations on Earth Clamp label colours, in fact can't find anything that says they should be labeled, UK convention is:

Red is (EC14)... for normal areas not subject to moisture.
Blue (EC15 or similar).... for areas prone to moisture (bathrooms/outside etc...)
Yellow/Green is designed to be suitable for both moist and corrosive environments.

Can anyone point me to the French Regs if there are any.

Le Démerdeur

Re: Earth clamp label colours

Post by Le Démerdeur »

When i was doing my electrical installations up to 2017 I could not even find an earth clamp being sold let alone one with a colour code, everyone was saying use a collier atlas, I used UK earth clamps & the labels were self colour enbossed alu & the writing of course in English.

I think that one of the pro catalogues does have something suitable but they are certainly not colour coded nor exiged by Consuel, never seen any requirement for them in the Normes but cant afford to buy the whole NFC-1500 & keep it up to date so maybe there is something.

Here you go, someone has bought some UK ones and redone the labels in French for a very reasonable price :lol:

https://www.doublecles.com/fixation-tec ... gI6jfD_BwE

They all seem to be yellow to stand out but there does not appear to be any colour coding or even requirement for the label.

Mais le mieux reste d’utiliser des colliers spécifiques pour réaliser la liaison équipotentielle sur les tuyaux.

La couleur de l’étiquette, le logo ainsi que la mention “ne pas déconnecter” servent à avertir de l’importance de cette connexion à la terre.
Last edited by Le Démerdeur on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Post by Mike »

On the Leroy Merlin site the earth bond clamps are coloured Yellow/Green and have "Do not disconnect" written on them in English: https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produit ... nd-e142913 How's that for harmonisation.

Mike

Post by Mike »

A snip at €167 I will have to get some, or should I just use the Screwfix versions I already have, oh decisions, decisions.

You keep adding to your post, pack it in or I will send the boys around. LOL

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I used the UK copper plated steel rods and aluminium tags on the clamps. I didn't have the earth measurement device to test the final installation so I drove three rods in within a one metre space and linked them all together. Its been nearly ten years now and nothing has gone wrong with the installation. Fingers getting cramp for being crossed so long.
A crisis always seems to bring out the best and the worst of human nature.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Don't quite understand what you have said, but multiple earth rods have to be at least the depth of a rod away from each other, so say a 2m rod any additional rod should be 2m away from it, if I remember correctly it's due to the additional rods being within the sphere of influence of the original rod so they would not be adding anything to the resistance of the original rod.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Then I messed up. But I'm not going to dig them up anytime soon to change things. :?
A crisis always seems to bring out the best and the worst of human nature.

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:38 pm
everyone was saying use a collier atlas,

https://www.doublecles.com/fixation-tec ... gI6jfD_BwE
I've always used collier atlas and made my own label

In your link 200,98 € ... It's a joke ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

Wiring colours are already less precisely defined in the French electrical code compared with other countries, so don't expect too much precision for earth clamps. I use two types: number one and number two (three sizes available).

Mike

Post by Mike »

Looks like I will be sticking with the TLC ones I have already, I think I must have about ten of them, so should be enough: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/E ... CYQAvD_BwE