Electrical circuit diagram

Mike

Re: Electrical circuit diagram

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 pm

RA thanks for the comments, as to the Landing lights, I am afraid that was a literal translation from DeepL, I am thankful for the correction, Visio only had limited diagrams available, so only the three phase's available so you have to assume that neutral and earth are always there.

I will correct the diagram and am thankful for your thoughts and corrections.

The fault that I was thinking I have made is that for each separate DB I have the isolation switch in the principle DB and an RCD in the secondary DB's, thinking along the lines that it should be reversed to protect the cables between the DB's

Forgot to add I am drawing up a separate diagram from the lightning protection to show the equipotential bonding.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:14 pm
There seems to be a 3-pole 30a switch with the sole purpose of earthing the incoming live feeds. :?: :?:
It's a magic circuit to protect the installation from lightning, difficult to show in any other way.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:32 pm

@ Aardvark: parafoudre is the name, to short incoming overvoltages to earth. A single-phase example where the parafoudre needs a separate protection, and one with integrated protection. More about the magic. Countdown now: 00:31:47

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 pm

Mike, before the communications between the UK and the EU come to a halt, may I ask your attention for what is good enough for Mr. Consuel? Three schémas unifilaires, website of Volta.
These users thanked the author RobertArthur for the post:
Mike (Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:30 pm)

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 pm

RA, yes I know I have tried to be too clever with too much information, new single line diagram being started today.

As always thanks for the advice/observations.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:21 pm

Mike, with my frame of reference, electronic circuit diagrams, I tried - a little bit - to outclever you. Where a suggestion for single line diagrams could have been my only answer.

About translations: don't trust the online tools, they start producing strange texts when confronted with specific technical language. Just trust your EU friends, as long as allowed by Downingstreet 10, the Gallauziaux & Fedullo guys with all their knowledge of French wiring (L'Installation Électrique) or the Hager and Promotelec introductions.

By the way, with all the foggy UK-EU uncertainties from now on, keep those "feux d'atterissage", might be convenient for a safe landing when flying back to the Old Continent.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Contrary to my previous posts where I said I would simplify the diagram it seems to have become even more complicated, but at least I understand it.
Electric layout French Rev C copy.jpg

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Several months ago I attempted to use software to develop a component layout for crossover boards on a new speaker design I'm building. I spent days tweaking and altering and in the end I gave up and just laid them out on the blank board and drew the connection paths by hand. It illustrated my problem with all this available free software. It almost never comes with proper instructions. Usually just a link to a user forum where you have to ask a question and wait for a response that may or may not be accurate or useful. If you are doing this sort of work on a regular basis and get past the learning curve I can see the point, but otherwise its just more time wasted travelling into a cul de sac.
R.I.P. UK

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Mike, language fine-tuning, your kitchen: a/ "table de cuisson", two of them? b/ a "fusible à quatre pôles" will be hard to find, a "porte-fusible 4 pôles" will be easier.
These users thanked the author RobertArthur for the post:
Mike (Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:30 pm)

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Aardvark wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:13 pm
Several months ago I attempted to use software to develop a component layout for crossover boards on a new speaker design I'm building. I spent days tweaking and altering and in the end I gave up and just laid them out on the blank board and drew the connection paths by hand. It illustrated my problem with all this available free software. It almost never comes with proper instructions. Usually just a link to a user forum where you have to ask a question and wait for a response that may or may not be accurate or useful. If you are doing this sort of work on a regular basis and get past the learning curve I can see the point, but otherwise its just more time wasted travelling into a cul de sac.
I agree ! I've waisted a lot of time with these free dedicated softwares and finally gave up.
Life is too short for investing time in knowledge for something that you will use only every so often and forgetting everything in between.
I commonly use a general purpose CAD software : Extracad, which is very similar to Autocad I used in the industry years ago. I know all its functions by instinct now and I have built up my own librairies for all the types of drawings.
I know that it's not standard but, at least, I can draw anything very quickly with it.
exemple schéma électrique.png
These users thanked the author just a Frenchie for the post:
Aardvark (Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:36 pm)
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D