Advice on septic tank and using anti biotics.

Stompie

Re: Advice on septic tank and using anti biotics.

Post by Stompie »

Fitter wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:10 am
I recall a post on a french forum where some old boy recounted the story of how to get a fosse working. You get a really ripe Camembert, and keep it until it's trying to walk out of the kitchen on it's own, then you break it in half, open the fosse manhole and put it in the fosse.
It would probably work using a Munster as well if the smell of a fresh one is anything to go by :lol:
We were always told to chuck a dead rabbit in from time to time. The guys who empty the tanks don't like that as apparently the bones don't decompose as quickly and get caught up in the hose. If you're having a bad day imagine having to clean that out. 🤢

Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Stompie wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:45 pm
Fitter wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:10 am
I recall a post on a french forum where some old boy recounted the story of how to get a fosse working. You get a really ripe Camembert, and keep it until it's trying to walk out of the kitchen on it's own, then you break it in half, open the fosse manhole and put it in the fosse.
It would probably work using a Munster as well if the smell of a fresh one is anything to go by :lol:
We were always told to chuck a dead rabbit in from time to time. The guys who empty the tanks don't like that as apparently the bones don't decompose as quickly and get caught up in the hose. If you're having a bad day imagine having to clean that out. 🤢
I dispose of any dead things our cats bring home down the sewer manhole - handy way of getting rid of them and is good for the fosse. :lol:

PatF

Post by PatF »

The only thing that gave ours indigestion was some kind of chemical paint stripper you use for cleaning paint brushes.
The smell kept coming back up every time you flushed the toilet.
Eparcyl cleared it eventually.