Carport permissions?

Leclairon
Has thanked: 0

Carport permissions?

Post by Leclairon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:31 pm

We have seen some basic carports in Brico, i.e. 4 poles and a top. Would we need permission to put that up?
We always put a gazebo in the garden for shade but it is not substantial in the wind. We thought perhaps a carport would be more substantial as a shade sitting area but don't really want to get into more permis areas.

It would be less than 20m squared and I know for a proper building a declaration of travaux is required but wondered if a simple carport type of abri, with open sides, could be put up which is not that different to the gazebo. I assume we didn't need permission for the gazebo? Only just thought of that!

Would appreciate any info. I don't really want to go down to the Mairie again at this stage.

After the Storm

Re: Carport permissions?

Post by After the Storm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:41 pm

It used to be if it didn’t need sides then you didn’t need permission I think but will try to check later if no one gives you a definite answer.
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

Leclairon
Has thanked: 0

Post by Leclairon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks ATS. I also thought that but things do change.

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Technically if your changing the outside of the property you need permission.
Every commune is different.
If your out in the sticks I would just put it up.
If the Mayor then says you needed a permit you fill one out you do not go to jail. :P
If its from Bricodepot make sure its well bolted down.
These users thanked the author mysty for the post:
Le Démerdeur (Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:55 pm)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Catrose

Post by Catrose » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:36 pm

If it's less than 20m2 yiu usually only need to submit a déclaration prélable.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:01 pm

mysty wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 pm
If your out in the sticks I would just put it up.
If the Mayor then says you needed a permit you fill one out you do not go to jail. :P
Like it! :good: Known as ni vu ni connu permission in these parts.

I think perhaps the deciding factor might be if you create a solid base as that would be above the minimum that has to be declared, I would follow Mystys lead.

Supposing that it could be decided by others to be used for vehicle parking, whilst researching recently I came across a tax for creation of parking spaces which is around €2-3K dependant on the commune, has anyone come across this?

Any knowledge gratefully recieved as it will make a huge amount of difference to me if I buy the tennis court behind me and use it for parking.

I could not work out what was deemed to be creation of a parking space as many people put down tout venant and create bigger and bigger parking areas until they have their own scrapyard.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Between 5 and 20 m2 yep, it's a déclaration prélable as Catrose says. Maybe look for a small one?
https://www.azenco.fr/pergola-permis/
These users thanked the author After the Storm for the post:
Le Démerdeur (Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm)
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks for that! So its the surface covered, roof area if you like, irrespective of whether there is a hardstanding under it.

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 pm

When you submit a planning application now they want to know how many parking places you have, so I guess you will be taxed on that.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Yes I am aware of that, also aware that say divinding a house into 2 flats or converting a commercial premises in a town you have to create so many parking spaces which will be taxed or pay another tax for not creating them which is slightly cheaper I believe or you can rent a parking space within a certain radius, there are exemptions if you are less than 500m from a train station or metro, suppose theres no need for a car there.

One of the investments I am looking at is buying a town centre car park close to where a lot of redevelopment is going on because you can rent the spaces (which wont be used) to developers that have to include them in their planning applications and there is nothing preventing the same space being rented 10 times over, a crazy situation.

What I need to find out though is of someone creates a hardstanding beside, behind or in front of their house or extends an existing one to create extra off road parking, something many of us will have done in the past, will it be taxable? Indeed does it need to be declared if it is not a concrete or tarmac dalle but tout venant?

Because this tennis court is tarmaced and has not been used in the 15 years I have been here but as soon as you park one vehicle on it it could be deemed to be what 50 parking spaces?

I pray that the current Maire will not be re-elected this year, I was to be on the list of the 1ière adjoint when he presents himself but with Brexit that cannot happen now.