Submission of H1 time limit?

Leclairon
Has thanked: 0

Submission of H1 time limit?

Post by Leclairon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:48 am

We submitted our form to the mairie for the completion of the renovations. Do we wait for a H1 form to come from the Prefecture or are we supposed to do it automatically?

mysty

Re: Submission of H1 time limit?

Post by mysty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:55 am

I thought the H1 came from the tax office. Anytime she has filled one out it goes to the tax office, then a couple of years later your house taxes go up.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 pm

Thanks, Mysty.
Yes, I knew we had to submit it to the Tax Office but are we supposed to go and get it and do it or are we 'prompted'? I know the taxes will go up so am putting off the inevitable as long as I can as I think we have 2 years 'grace' until the taxes are changed?

Thanks

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:07 pm

No idea never handed one into the Mayors office. You used to get two years before the costs went up.

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:16 pm

OK. Thanks. The form we handed to the Mairie was 'Declaration attestant l'achevement et la conformite des travaux' to confirm the renovations were finished.

We had been given that form when the Permis de Construire was approved, together with an 'Ouverture de Chantier' form for when we started the renovations.

I just wasn't sure who was supposed to initiate the H1 to inform the Tax Office when all was done and dusted.

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:20 pm

That's your job.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Uplifting to see the lengths people will go to to voluntarily pay more taxes.

In my case I did not tell them, why should I, but they eventually sent me an H1 to fill in which was the beginning of a long drawn out dispute where I refused to fill it in because I had nothing to declare, it was only a declaration préalable for a changement de devanture, it got quite heavy but i stuck to my guns as I knew I was in the right and the person there did not know their position, was just unprepared for someone to question or challenge what they said was gospel.

I became very mefiant after going in when i was broke and struggling to pay the taxes foncières & habitation, the person told me that i was paying for a commercial property and it would be much cheaper if I declared it as a private dwelling, how much cheaper i asked, not sure Monsieur, we will do a simulation, just fill out this form (a disguised H1) I did so and the result was my taxes went up 300% so I said forget it, too late Monsieur you cannot rescind it.

Barstewards :cry:

Every year after that I would go in and embêter them just before they wanted to leave on a Friday afternoon, every time I would walk out with a very substantial dégrèvement without any justification just to get rid of me, eventually I got to see the chef de la division, the only one working and she sorted me out in a sensible manner.

They will come to you, if they are slow off the mark tant mieux, you will still get the first year or two after that before any increase is effective.

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am

OK. Thanks. I'll wait for the form to arrive in that case.