Your dog and its habits.

Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
After the Storm

Your dog and its habits.

Post by After the Storm » Thu May 09, 2019 2:23 pm

Was just wondering about this as Demon has routines he doesn’t like having broken :). For example, we are about to have late lunch after being out, the routine is when we come back home then Demon gets a small doggie treat. As we were late today we just started making lunch including for him (yes he gets home cooked food most of the time, we have 2 doggie recipe books :P ). Put his lunch down but he walks away, he hasn’t had his treat. Give him his treat, one happy dog, he then goes and eats his lunch.
People who can move freely across the EU are the ambassadors of peace, democracy and tolerance.

Cailleach Mhéara

Re: Your dog and its habits.

Post by Cailleach Mhéara » Thu May 09, 2019 3:02 pm

After the Storm, doggy recipe books!? Brilliant, never thought to look for such a thing but will now.

Our two Goldens meet me at the gate after work and while Monty the pup runs ever-increasing loops around me and eventually most of the garden, Alfie the older dog waits for his chance to catch him by the neck and pin him to the ground allowing me to get to the front door. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This happens if I'm gone all day or just for an hour. Love it!

Cailleach
These users thanked the author Cailleach Mhéara for the post:
After the Storm (Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm)
Rating: 11.11%

vic evans

Post by vic evans » Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Mme Mutt takes pills for arthritis & a heart problem each morning & afternoon which we wrap up in a little treat to encourage her to take.
If we don't give her the afternoon 'treat' at half past three on the dot she stands in front of one of us & just stares.
These users thanked the author vic evans for the post (total 3):
After the Storm (Thu May 09, 2019 6:51 pm) • suein56 (Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 pm) • Dylan (Thu May 09, 2019 11:55 pm)
Rating: 33.33%
I'm here to help where I can. The sarcasm & insults are just a complimentary service I provide.

suein56

Post by suein56 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 pm

vic evans wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm
Mme Mutt takes pills for arthritis & a heart problem each morning & afternoon which we wrap up in a little treat to encourage her to take.
If we don't give her the afternoon 'treat' at half past three on the dot she stands in front of one of us & just stares.
Absolutely love it 8-)

Our Mme Minou .. an SDF cat of some 14 years when we took over looking out for her .. had stress related diabetes due to be chucked out into the street when her lovely (so we learnt later) owner died one freezing cold March .. and the people inheriting the estate didn't care for cats so Minou suddenly had to fend for herself. We came on the scene at the beginning of August so Minou was in a really bad way by then.
Upshot was she needed insulin jabs for 6 months until I discovered that her diabetes could possibly be controlled by diet. So, ever after, she had 3 small high protein, no cereal, no rubbish, small meals a day. Which posed problems if we went somewhere .. solution was to take her with us or for us to separate so someone was home to feed her.
The look she would give us if we were a tad late for one of her meals was susceptible to kill .. it was unforgettable.
She died last year at just turned 20 .. we miss her hugely.
These users thanked the author suein56 for the post:
Cailleach Mhéara (Fri May 10, 2019 9:23 am)
Rating: 11.11%
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

PatF

Post by PatF » Thu May 09, 2019 8:43 pm

We don't have a pet to feed now :(
But our border collie, who lived to 15, was a fussy eater. She just didn't seem to be interested in food, apart from smelly stuff which had to be picked up and buried in some far distant spot. Saving for later I suppose.
All we gave her was raw chicken legs, cheap packs from Carrefour. Which she eventually ate. And a few dog biscuits.
I know people say you shouldn't give dogs raw chicken, but she never came to any harm from it.