Urgent appeal to save shetland ponies and their foals from the abbatoir.

Fitter

Urgent appeal to save shetland ponies and their foals from the abbatoir.

Post by Fitter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:12 pm

We have donated a substantial amount, as it doesn't bear thinking about that this could happen.
Maybe some kind souls on here could help out?

The Pegasus Sanctuary
February 11 at 3:36 AM ·
VERY URGENT - ABATTOIR!!! We have taken 6 Shetland foals, and their 6 pregnant Shetland mothers from the meatman, all on their way to the abattoir in Italy. We need to raise the money to pay the meatman and save them, but we have a huge amount to raise and need your help!

The total we need is a staggering €3075!! It is the largest sum we have ever had to try and raise. The 6 foals are €200 each, 5 pregnant mothers are €325 each (due to the extra weight they are carrying they are worth more at the abattoir) and the sixth young mare who may (or may not) be pregnant, is €250. They are all currently at the Sanctuary, but if we can't raise the money the meatman will take them back!!

You can help by simply sharing the post, or donations can be made by PayPal to thepegasussanctuary@outlook.com, or by cheque or bank transfer. Any amount, no matter how small, will help.
We are also hoping to have an online fundraiser set up very shortly, which will hopefully bring more funds in for them as we only have a limited time to raise the total!

We know we have a huge challenge to raise so much, but we are left with no option but to try. So far we have raised €121 towards our total - thank you so much to everyone who has donated x

For more information on what the Sanctuary does and background on urgent abattoir cases please look at our website: Www.pegasus-sanctuary.com
These users thanked the author Fitter for the post (total 2):
Laurie Driver (Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:42 pm) • Hexenbeest (Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 am)
“He who controls the past, controls the future; and he who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell “1984”

After the Storm

Re: Urgent appeal to save shetland ponies and their foals from the abbatoir.

Post by After the Storm » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:17 pm

I’ve made this a global announcement and a payment is being made. Keep us informed Fitter and I hope they reach their target.
And let us know if they create a crowdfund link for this.

exile

Post by exile » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm

while understanding te good motives of those involved, I hope they are aware that they actually fuel the market. Next time around, where do we think the meatman is going to call first. Made a tidy sum on the sale and saved on the shipping costs to Italy. In the words of Del-boy, "a nice little earner Rodney."

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 pm

exile wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm
while understanding te good motives of those involved, I hope they are aware that they actually fuel the market. Next time around, where do we think the meatman is going to call first. Made a tidy sum on the sale and saved on the shipping costs to Italy. In the words of Del-boy, "a nice little earner Rodney."
A valid point but what is the alternative?
“He who controls the past, controls the future; and he who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell “1984”

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm

None of us can change the world but sometimes we can make one small change somewhere for someone or an animal in their lives. Otherwise you might as well say there should be no charities because govts. will always think someone else will step in to try do something so they don’t have to.
These users thanked the author After the Storm for the post:
Simonflys (Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:51 am)

Laurie Driver

Post by Laurie Driver » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

While saving these ponies and their foal from the abattoir wont change the world it will change the world for the ponies and foals.

Thanks for posting it Fitter.

I've shared it on facebook and will be making a contribution.
These users thanked the author Laurie Driver for the post:
Simonflys (Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:51 am)

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:59 pm

After the Storm wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:17 pm
I’ve made this a global announcement and a payment is being made. Keep us informed Fitter and I hope they reach their target.
And let us know if they create a crowdfund link for this.
I appreciate your attention but I really don't know any more than the appeal I posted which OH found on Facebook-but thanks all the same!
George Orwell “1984”

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Thank you, Fitter, a very worthy cause.

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Copying you all in to an email from Pegasus Sanctuary to MOH who organised the donation.

Dear *********,

Thank you so very much for your very generous donation for the Shetland foals and mothers. It really is so kind of you.

The total as of this morning is €1874, and with our Flash Auction I know we will bring it to over €2000, so we are 2/3 there! - thank you ❤️. I can honestly say that when I started this appeal it just seemed such a daunting amount to have to raise and I really felt this may be the first time we couldn't do it, but I am feeling so very hopeful now. It really is very humbling to know there are so many amazing people like you out there who are supporting us x

Thank you so much for your support from Felicity, me and Millie xxx

Best wishes,
Helen x
George Orwell “1984”

bluebird

Post by bluebird » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:03 pm

exile wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm
No too dissimilar scenario to refugees picked up in the Med. They paid their full fare to get to the UK, but the cost of the full journey significantly reduced, to the benefit of the traffickers.