Locked topics

Welcome to our new forum! It's all new and put together by volunteers, any helpful comments to make it better are welcome.
FrenchForumSurvivor

Locked topics

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm

It's a little unfair on the rest of us that when a topic is Locked, as the Chris Froome topic is, that those with administrative/moderator powers can continue to post on it and we mere mortals can't: DB has posted twice since the topic was locked and we can't reply.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

DominicBest

Re: Locked topics

Post by DominicBest » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:58 pm

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm
It's a little unfair on the rest of us that when a topic is Locked, as the Chris Froome topic is, that those with administrative/moderator powers can continue to post on it and we mere mortals can't: DB has posted twice since the topic was locked and we can't reply.
I hadn’t realised that it’s locked. It’s causing a problem for me too, I have a notification that won’t cancel.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to unlock it?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 pm

I locked the thread. Will put up why later when I have time,
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm
I said I would answer so I will keep to my word. No one did or could post on that thread after I locked it. It probably looks messed up how because I took down posts before locking it, I thought it was better doing that than taking the whole thread down as some of you don't like that either.

So to be clear, despite the hope that it never needs to matter, when a thread is locked no one, not even me, can post on it unless it is unlocked again. I don't think I need to go into the why, how or wherefore as to why I made that choice.
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 pm

To be fair, AtS, what you said was, "I locked the thread. Will put up why later when I have time,", and you haven't put up why, though I understand. :good:
These users thanked the author FrenchForumSurvivor for the post:
After the Storm (Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 pm)