Bye bye sports page

Polarengineer

Bye bye sports page

Post by Polarengineer »

I can't say I am sorry, but I always thought of sport as something one does and not watches. Now, all those hours of television and pages of sport will be diminished to almost zero. Not that there will be anything to replace it. It will be interesting to see where the public sense of competition will extend (apart from who can stay alive in the aftemath) something must compensate for this, any ideas?
If it's ice, it's nice. If it's hot, it's not.

SW31girl

Re: Bye bye sports page

Post by SW31girl »

Wonder what’s going to happen to all that money that goes to sports. Will professional footballers stop having their ridiculous wages paid?

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

I have always found that, any sports I took part in made watching others do it less appealing, after I had stopped competing. With the result that I have lost touch with all sports and thus will not feel any sense of loss at the current cessation.

I do recognise though that watching is very important to some people and for them I do extend my sympathies. :)

treiziste

Post by treiziste »

I’m happy cos it means Harry Kane and Son Heung-min have a chance to get fit before the season ends :good:

Ally

Post by Ally »

I watched what will probably be my grandsons last game in junior ice hockey yesterday. The season is likely to be suspended today and the upper age limit for juniors is being reduced to 18 next season. He'll be 18 in July.
Change must come.

treiziste

Post by treiziste »

Looks a brutal sport to me, I hope he’s a big lad !

Ally

Post by Ally »

He's certainly not the wee smout I took to his first training session 11 years ago.
Change must come.

treiziste

Post by treiziste »

My missus played both field hockey and netball to county level. She said that both were tough at that level especially hockey with little protection given. The professional fouls in both games are very rarely picked up by the refs.

Reckon I’ll stick to darts !