Where has my chlorine gone ?

Ask questions about buying, installing and maintaining a swimming pool/pond in France.
Le Démerdeur

Re: Where has my chlorine gone ?

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:32 am

And test the RCD!

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Ally wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 pm
I need to wear my specs more. I thought the title was Where has my clothesline gone.
Bloody Lithuaniens get everywhere, don't they? :D
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Blame the sun, ALBMF. Then again, you could get the gosses to shower before going under, oups, edit, in. Or hose them down? :D
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Surprised no one has asked, how are you dosing your pool? if you are using Eau de Javel then there is no stabiliser to protect the Chlorine, it will disappear in double quick time, you need some kind of stabilising product to protect your Chlorine, I use Cyanuric acid, but there are other products available, at the beginning of the season I use a couple of the dreaded Chlorine tabs that have stabiliser combined into the tab, this is necessary because I have an overflow on my pool which dilutes the stabiliser with rain flowing into and out of the pool, as soon as I get the Cyanuric acid up to about 30ppm I stop using them and let the Chlorine generator do its job.

Spotty

Post by Spotty » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:54 am

Mike wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 pm
Surprised no one has asked, how are you dosing your pool? if you are using Eau de Javel then there is no stabiliser to protect the Chlorine, it will disappear in double quick time, you need some kind of stabilising product to protect your Chlorine, I use Cyanuric acid, but there are other products available, at the beginning of the season I use a couple of the dreaded Chlorine tabs that have stabiliser combined into the tab, this is necessary because I have an overflow on my pool which dilutes the stabiliser with rain flowing into and out of the pool, as soon as I get the Cyanuric acid up to about 30ppm I stop using them and let the Chlorine generator do its job.

You're wasting your cyber breath Mike, the OP has been purged from the system.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:02 am

The OP asked to be deactivated, we obliged.

The OP wasn’t the only one that asked to deactivated the same day but the other person’s ( will call them Ma) reason was different, they hadn’t been involved in what went was going on that day but were fed up reading some of the stuff being said (as were we) which is a shame because they were a good member and I’d much rather Ma had stayed and enjoyed the forum. But perhaps Ma will keep looking in from time to time and see it’s all good now and will rejoin. Ma would always be welcomed back, remember that if you do read this Ma.
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 am

It's good that people can change their mind and know that they can return, welcome back to the latest incarnation of Mike 👍

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 am
It's good that people can change their mind and know that they can return, welcome back to the latest incarnation of Mike 👍

I assumed that Mike was a newcomer.

mysty

Post by mysty » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:48 am

Spotty wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:54 am
Mike wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 pm

You're wasting your cyber breath Mike, the OP has been purged from the system.

He still looks at the forum :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:50 am

Just to be clear, that “Ma” was not Mike, I am not naming who I was not referring to in my post and would like to see back. Another is DB who I’d like to see joining back in with us and I hope will do as they are still a member.
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.