Seed catalogues ?

Everything about gardening in France.
Mangetout

Re: Seed catalogues ?

Post by Mangetout » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:52 pm

I suppose it depends on what you want to grow. I now buy nearly all my seeds from Lidl. I've spent decades growing veg and can't fault them. In particular I buy: carrots, parsley, lettuce, radish, beetroot, peppers, peas, cucumber, basil, courgettes. What they don't sell I buy in SuperU. I save a lot of seeds as well, such as squashes, fennel, green beans etc. And save or take cuttings of all flowers and shrubs. If you're looking for ready grown veg or flower plants, look for your nearest nursery. I used to grow all my own tomatoes but now buy plants. At 6 for 2 euros why wouldn't you.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 am

The choice of buying seeds from the U.K. might not be there if things don’t backtrack. I’ve just read of a small business receiving a letter from DEFRA saying they might not be able to seeds to Europe after Brexit.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:32 am

There's a lot more products at risk besides seeds. I have been receiving the Gov/Brexit emails for months and it is sobering stuff for some businesses.
Brexit [breg-zit, brek-sit] noun, The process where politicians and other lower life forms use democracy to perform the socio-economic destruction of a country.
see also Armageddon