Prime D'activité.

misswoodentop

Re: Prime D'activité.

Post by misswoodentop » Wed May 01, 2019 12:31 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:28 pm

All this came about when I did another simulation, I think it was for my impôts for this year which I knew pretty much to the Euro but wanted a print out, whatever it was it suggested that I qualified for the Prime D'activité and also IIRC another couple of hundred in Cheque Energie, thats a job for tomorrow, I used to get the Tarif de Premier Nécessité but that was dropped, if you dont know of these things even on the radar they dont come to you automatically which I guess is how it should be but their must be proud or uninformed people living in real précarité.

Do they give these bungs to pensioners or are they left to rot if they didnt cotise enough? They are not after all actif.
I recently got my first cheque energie €98 - I nice surprise, as I hadn't applied for it.
Apparently it goes off your tax return. I've never paid income tax here, since I only have a UK state pension, so maybe they've changed the threshold for elegibility.
It is going towards my heating wood for next winter.
You lose the UK winter fuel allowance, and get half of it back from France, very nice.
Regarding them adding an amount on your income if you don't have a mortgage, I came across that when I applied for help paying for a mutuelle, thinking I was well within the parameters, but I wasn't, thanks to this weird idea that if you own your own house, you should be penalised for it.

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady » Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:53 am
Yes that has been pointed out to me by someone else.

Chicken and egg situation but there is no going back now.

It will be easy to show that I am self supporting simply by showing how much I have saved into my French bank accounts in the last 3 years, its their crazy system saying that only 29% of my revenue is imposable, were I to be a ME my RFR would triple and I would not be eligible for the prime.

To be fair were I to have borrowed the money to finance my place and have repayments to make their figures could be correct, if the costs were even higher I could opt for the régime réel.

They will probably simply increase my revenues for a notional amount that others would pay in rent or mortgage payments, there was talk of them doing that for everybody that owned their own property, effectively penalising them for their hard work and prudence, this really is an upside down country.
Can you declare that you have a mortgage on your tax return to gain an allowance? We were informed that there were no allowances for having a mortgage. We have friends that have received cheque d'energie and have savings but declare no income, or very little, do not pay taxe d'habitation. My partner is AE, we are liable for all cotisations, taxe d'habitation etc. but have a less, in my opinion, extravagant lifestyle than them and dont get any of the allowances that they do.

mysty

Post by mysty » Wed May 01, 2019 10:32 pm

Its based on your income and as far as I know its nothing to do with having a mortgage.
It does not go on your savings but your income tax declaration.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience