Info re taxe de séjour for gîtes, CDH etc

Le Démerdeur

Info re taxe de séjour for gîtes, CDH etc

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 pm

If your commune or Office de Tourisme are as badly organised as mine and if you are not classified (most CDH's wont be) then you will probably not have to pay anything this year if you like sticking your neck out and will stand your ground.

For me its is schaudenfraude as my Office de Tourisme whilst having a friend as the president (who also wants to buy my hotel) is a shambles, last October (2018) they informed me of the deliberations of June 2017 where they doubled the tarif from 20cts to 40cts per night effective from January 2018

What this meant was that all the hebergeurs like myself had already had 95% of their rental nights and charged the clients 20cts (or set it aside from the payment) but have to pay over 40cts which I will not be doing.

Today I got a letter from the prefecture explaining that from 1st January this year, establishments like mine who are not classified will have to pay between 1 &nd 5%, they are a little quicker off the mark but still 2 months into the year however what it revealed after further research is that if the commune or Office de Tourisme did not decide what percentage and vote it in before 1st October 2018 no taxe de séjour will be payable in 2019 by clients staying in an unclassified accomodation.

It goes on to say that the existing scale of charges could continue but there is un risque de sécurité juridique if someone starts a contentieux against them which I have already set in motion, it will be funny to be in an adversarial role against a friend!

Sorry for the Franglais but some things I can no longer express in English.

Catrose

Re: Info re taxe de séjour for gîtes, CDH etc

Post by Catrose » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:04 pm

For once our OdT got it together and voted through 3% for non-classed. We got all the info about the new national rules last October. Doesn't actually bother us as we have our classmemt, but curiously the documents they sent out say that there is no longer an equivalence between labels (like Gîte de France) and classment. So people with those labels will have to pay as if they are non-classed. How bizarre....?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:55 pm

My pal the Présidente of the ODT has got back to me with dates for a RDV so we will see, Booking.com are adding a strange amount to my contracted price, 55cts regardless of how many are staying, but it does work out as near as dammit to 1% which is the taux minimum on the net rental after their commission, I bill the guests myself (actually i dont I take it on the chin and am annoyed that they have added the 55cts) and they show the commissionable amount as my original figure without the 55cts.

Long explanation but I reckon in the default of a vote by the ODT they are applying the minimum. When I see the facture for the months commission I reckon they will have taken all the 55cts which is fine by me, I will no longer do the registre d'accueil except for direct bookings.

But at 1% (and the ODT would not dare go above that) I would pay a small mount more when one person stays and pay a lot less when there are 2, 3 or 4 occupants so there is absolutely no incentive to become classé, there never was because the higher your classification the more you have to pay/charge in TDS :roll:

I say that they would not dare go above 1% because they already doubled the TDS last year (I'm not paying it because they only notified us in October) and nobody is classified, those that are are with GdF (more fool them) and as you say that no longer counts.

The manager of the ODT has her own meublé de tourisme and takes the custom of anybody asking for a list of hebergeurs, several of them have come to me subsequently because they didnt like the accomodation or had been left high and dry (gazumped) its how I met my compagnonne her being left on the street at 21.00. Her husband is a taxi driver and the same thing happens there, this was relayed to me by my friend her boss, he refers to the ODT as un heritage as an excuse while giving the gallic shrug saying "what can I do about it?"

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Had the meeting today, good news for me taking advantage of their incompetence but bad news for others and for the future.

Seemingly they doubled the tariff in 2016 for the 2017 year (I had suspected that) but I had declared and paid them the using the previous 20cts tarif and they never picked it up so unknowingly I gained €300 that year.

For 2018 they had to agree that as I wasnt informed till October, 14 months after their deliberations I would continue to pay the previous rate, that I would only declare and pay for my direct lettings as their deliberations stated that it would be the intermediares (Booking.com AirBnB etc) who would pay even though they had not got it together to collect the TDS and still havn't properly, also I will no longer pay for any of my monthly rentals which were the majority last year because they had defined the maximum rental figures to be excluded (from TDS) for daily and weekly rentals but not monthly, it means they will be getting €30 from me instead of €600 plus, the cost of not doing their job competently.

Having finally got the full text of the deliberations and not the extrait there were some more nasty surprises which they had not even realised, it was incompetence and not méchanceté, camp sites are being royally screwed, they will pay a forfait based on the number of emplacements multiplied by 3 multiplied by every night for the season with a discount of 50%, most of them are pretty much empty the whole period but they will have to pay as if there are 1.5 people on every pitch every night.

And the worst is for anyone without a classification, they will now have to pay 1% of the gross rental value, not the profit but on the gross, if they are classified then its 40cts per person but that in most cases will work out more, they are not accepting classifications or labels from Gîtes de France, Clearvacances or anyone other than Atout France (no doubt someones BIL) and it applies also to chambre d'hôtes who cannot recieve a classification under any circumstances with the present legislation.

Meanwhile there are more undeclared rentals on AirBnB etc than ever, when I told them that I wanted to view the list of all the registered hebergeurs (which should include me) which in their own document they state that they must display at their siege and every Mairie must display they did not know where to look, they did not even know if anyone had even prepared such a document and it certainly was not on display.

Round 1 is over for now and we will reconvene in a week or two.

If you commune has voted for a 3% taxe it will be crippling for the unregistered hebergeurs, they can if they wish charge up to 5% and no doubt the figures (min 1% max 5%) will be put up each year by the government, our CDC will no doubt recover their losses from me by raising it to 2% for 2020 then 4% for 2021 such is their mentalité and grasp of economics.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Some info from the plateformes like AirBnB:

http://www.quotidiendutourisme.com/hebe ... oin/178440

Seems to sum up the situation, they are adding an amount to my tarif which equates somewhere close to 1% of the net figure I recieve after paying their commission, trouble is the payment is made directly to me and they are not backcharging it (is that a word? I meant retro-facturer) also they are only applying it to the first night of the stay and not subsequent nights and not removing it from the under 18's, another complication voted in by our comm de comms, en bref its impossible for their systems to correctly calculate it which makes me smile because it was nigh on impossible for me to do so either especially when you get distant relations of SNCF employees or the matriarchs of large families that insist on getting a reduction according to a complicated formula even when they were not paying and it was coming out of my pocket.

The Snafu is good for me, I dont have the hassle I had before and am paying less, the comm de comms will never see their money from the plateformes and will no doubt come after me for in in the future, well they can try and I wish them good luck.