Help please re a chèque energie.

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Crazy Diamond

Help please re a chèque energie.

Post by Crazy Diamond » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Back in April I received one of the above for €63.00. This came as a surprise as I had no idea why and like any such unsolicited gift I viewed it with suspicion and forgot it. Today I found it amongst a load of other paperwork which should have been sorted and looked at it more closely. Now I get by in French, but my command of the language ain't brilliant, but it appears kosh and, assuming I've read the bits I understand correctly, I can use it to pay our next EDF bill amongst other things. With the cheque I also received an attestation électricité form which apparently entitles us to protections supplémentaires.
Does anybody have first hand knowledge of these cheques and attestations, and if so are they worth following up? Any feedback, including why we received the stuff in the first place, would be appreciated.
Syd.
Sometimes a majority just means all the wrong people are on the same side.

After the Storm

Re: Help please re a chèque energie.

Post by After the Storm » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:11 pm

You can use it to pay your electricity bill, unless it has changed (from last year) you send it to edf along with your bill. I don’t know about the attestation, hopefully someone else can help with that with some info. It goes by your income whether you receive this or not I believe and not age.
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

mauve2

Post by mauve2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:50 pm

"Any feedback, including why we received the stuff in the first place,"

Your eligibility and the amount are calculated from your tax return, simple as that.

You don't need to post the cheque, by the way, you can just use it online if you're with EDF or Direct Energie:

https://chequeenergie.gouv.fr/beneficiaire/paiement

I seem to remember the extra protection is that you can't be disconnected in Winter if you fail to pay your bill?

chrisell

Post by chrisell » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:18 pm

I think that's the link I used - there is a link on the paper that comes with the cheque.

I used it to pay EDF - just enter various numbers from the cheque into boxes and voila EDF get the money - you can set it up so any future cheques go straight onto your EDF etc. bill. There's a list of who you can set up electronically in the drop down boxes once you use the online links

You can I think also physically take them to some fioul suppliers and I know L'Eclercs take them for wood pellets (big in store poster said so)

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Sorted, thanks.
Syd.
Sometimes a majority just means all the wrong people are on the same side.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:00 pm

We are going to try to use ours to pay towards our firewood if he accepts them.
"Lift and separate"