Do you ever change energy providers?

Water, electricity, gas etc.
mauve

Re: Do you ever change energy providers?

Post by mauve » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm

The current tariffs for both show that Mint definitely undercuts Direct across the board:

http://doc.mint-energie.com/MintEnergie ... EEN_15.pdf

https://www.direct-energie.com/fileadmi ... uliers.pdf

HTH

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Yes, 0.5cts per kwh, but is that 15% less than the standard EDF tarif?

Methinks not if direct energie at 0.5cts more expensive is a saving of 10% on a unit cost of 11cts or 14cts, actually its probably right for the HC units but I dont trust a company that lies on something so easy to check, unless you are French :lol:

mauve

Post by mauve » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:21 pm

I seem to remember from when I was researching that they do compare with EDF's green tariff (fair enough, as that's what Mint are offering).

The green side for me is a nice bonus, but I went with them as they were the lowest-price option apart from CDiscount, who had dismal reviews from customers.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Sorry! I had not realised that they were a "green energy" supplier, mind you I'm very sceptical about the whole green energy thing, all of these companies are just resellers of eletricité produced by ERDF, traders or brokers if you like.

Southbound, CR is up a mountain, out of regular contact and not coming down anytime soon the lucky blighter!

south_bound
Has thanked: 0

Post by south_bound » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:28 pm
Anyone tempted by the Mint offer look carefully that its like for like, when I challenged the alleged 15% saving before because they were no cheaper than direct energie and turned out they were comparing with the most expensive green tarif.

Anyone changed to direct energie recently? They save 10% but unless the EDF rate has risen I am still only getting an 8% reduction despite parraining several people, if you have gone with them in the last year how much are you paying per kw/h please?

South bound, CR is currently rambling and not contactable by E-mail or phone and he hasnt posted on the forum for several months although as a mod he probably still reads it, if he doesnt get back to you the send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send the parrainage link to you, CR was my parraine it was for 3 accounts so a good result for him!!
Sorry, been away a while - I'll send you a PM for details. The straight comparison between Mint and Direct shows the same abonnement and Mint slightly cheaper on unit rates. Does Mint only do electricity? If not then I would more likely go with Direct as I need gaz as well. I must say I found the tarrif information much quicker with Mint but had to do a bit of digging with Direct.

south_bound
Has thanked: 0

Post by south_bound » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Just seen that Leclerc are starting to offer electricity as well, claiming either 10% off the tarrif reglementé or 20% if taken as shopping vouchers to use in their shops. I have just switched to Direct Energie last week so will wait a while in any case, but keep an eye on the competition ramping up, with hopefully reducing costs as a result..

mauve2

Post by mauve2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

As Mint are about to increase their prices for existing customers, I'm going to switch to Direct Energie; anyone want to send me a referral code for the €40?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm

In the absence of any other takers I will if you like, I think its even a bit more at the moment Mauve and also a kickback for you.

PM me if you want the code.