JohnnyD

Re: Current draw

Post by JohnnyD » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:37 pm

just a Frenchie wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:35 pm
JohnnyD wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Ah...the tab at the top?
Yes : Don't break the fluorescent light green things ! (scellé de sécurité in French ... would it be security seal in English ?)
It's not death penalty but they would hit your purse badly.... :oops:
It is indeed the security seal

JD
These users thanked the author JohnnyD for the post:
just a Frenchie (Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:12 pm)

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 am

JohnnyD wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:23 pm
just a Frenchie wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:19 pm

........which access is forbidden (by a plastic 'ring' that you shouldn't cut)
I have been known to be clumsy with a knife/cutters before :lol:

or

Must have been the previous owner officer..... :D

JD
You could always replace the "plomb" with another.....from my tool box. :twisted:
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 am

Le-Dolly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 am

You could always replace the "plomb" with another.....from my tool box. :twisted:
I don't think that you can buy them on Amazon...
Did you steal them from an Enedis van ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:18 am

just a Frenchie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:15 pm
RobertArthur wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
JaF, what's in a name, teaching. Good advice for free, a chat with bricoleurs or electriciens in action, doesn't make me a teacher...
To conclude: I'm not a teacher ...
RA: From my point of view, there is a gap between 'teaching' and 'teachers' in France!
Teaching is what we like to do when we are passionate about our job and like to share our knowledge. I taught during my military service in a Navy safety school (nuclear things). When I was an engineer, teaching my technicians was a pleasure.
Education in France is deplorable. Teachers reproduce among themselves and quite often have no contact with the realities of the professions. For example, I asked my son to come help me to change an electric water heater because of the weight. He came with a friend who had just obtained his BTS (Higher Technician's Certificate) in electricity (with that, he can legally start his own business and even train apprentices). I asked him if he could connect it below because I had back pain. He told me he was not sure how to do it (just reconnect the 3 wire cable from the old one - not rocket science).
Obviously, there's good teachers, but hard to find them. IMO, teachers should be forced to have at least 1 year experience in business before starting to teach to get a minimum sense of the realities .
BTW Teach is an anagram of Cheat
So yes, you do teach. But I won't upset you by calling you a teacher! :lol:
You do talk crap sometimes.

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 am

DominicBest wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:18 am

You do talk crap sometimes.
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:25 pm

Can I use brown live 16mm to connect from EDF breaker to my CU, I would like to buy cable here in the UK to save time and its brown/blue here as you know.

JD

mysty

Post by mysty » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:37 pm

I am no expert and at this time on night that's the best you will get, not that you are about to go and buy it.
I think anything past the EDF/ Engie box is up to you, so I do not think colour would be an issue.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:05 am

@ Mysty, it may come as a surprise, so many regs in France, and what about colours? Quote from Promotelec information (anything but....): " Il n'y a pas d'obligation sur la couleur des conducteurs de phase. Ils ne peuvent cependant pas être bleu, vert ou jaune, bicolore vert et jaune. Ces couleurs sont réservées pour les conducteurs de neutre et de terre."

So 16 mm² brown is perfect. With the introduction of the smartmeter LINKY enabling changes in your puissance souscrite with a few mouseclicks in HQ ENEDIS it has become practice to use 16 mm². In the latest revision of the French electrical code (Amendement 5), back in 2015, we still see this picture for minimum wiring size. For the "branchement long" this one. I'm afraid I start repeating myself, it's inevitable in long threads.

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Quick Question

I bought some Teckin smart plugs from Amazon which arrived today, I am going to put one on the boiler so I can start it remotely and set a timer etc, however I also discovered 2 things, one the boiler had been plugged into an extension for years I guess, but in the wrong half, ie phase neutral reverse, I have now removed said extension and now the boiler and central heating system are connected correctly, the other thing I discovered was the Teckin output does not have an earth pin, only those earth straps, the boiler has a standard non strap plug, all the Legrand plugs I have bought seem to be the same, do the plugs with straps have a special name so I can order one?

JD

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Ha Ha.....got round it in the short term, I have a short extension lead which passes straps to its female end, so teckin into wall socket, extension lead into that passes strap earth to pin earth on end of extension lead, boiler into that, checked end of extension lead with socket tester and all looks good.

Still a plug will be easier and safer.....if they have a name?

JD