French speeding tickets to the UK

b33jay

Re: French speeding tickets to the UK

Post by b33jay » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:31 pm
With respect that is not the question that you asked which I answered.

To answer your new questions, why the change after 2 years and what is in store? - I dont know.

What is the 2 years that you are now referring to?

A motorist who has not responded to or who may not have recieved an invitation to pay is not an errant motorist and has not committed an offence unless a court decides so or he admits it by paying the amende forfaitaire to make it go away.

TFL were my customers and way back prior to 2004 I asked the question regarding foreign registered vehicles, I was told they had an agreement with Europarking IIRC to enforce judgements againts foreign drivers, judgements that is (for I laboured the question) not parking/congestion charge fines.

They never did of course, but having that to mention added to the credibility of what they wanted people to believe, nowadays social media does their job of spreading misinformation for them. I was in the UK 4 days last week and 3 people asked me about fines from France, did not believe what I explained and all whipped out their smartphones to show me some Twitter or Facebook posting. One of the ones I saw was 91kph retenue in a 90kph limit.

Their aim is to maximise compliance to get the best return on their investment in begging letters. It looks like they have hit the jackpot and good on them, more fool the UK for not making hay from foreign motorists (myself included) while the sun shone.

Ah! Chancer's back on form!

Explain about the 91 retinue in a 90. If it goes beyond the clocked speed was 96 I may be missing something.

Rennes isn't sending out begging letters it's sending out the Avis de Contravention in English.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm

I think it was 94kph and 91kph retenue, the latter figure I am sure of, bear in mind it was a poor photograph turned into a Fessbook posting and shown to my tired old eyes on someone elses smartphone and I have a very poor memory.

It was in French by the way and I think it was from Belgium also. I think the header only was in badly translated English.

b33jay

Post by b33jay » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm
I think it was 94kph and 91kph retenue, the latter figure I am sure of, bear in mind it was a poor photograph turned into a Fessbook posting and shown to my tired old eyes on someone elses smartphone and I have a very poor memory.

It was in French by the way and I think it was from Belgium also. I think the header only was in badly translated English.
Thanks. That's made things a lot clearer.................. :roll: