Carte de Sejour Application

rabbit

Carte de Sejour Application

Post by rabbit » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 am

I have finally managed to get my rendezvous for the CDS application albeit not until mid December. Thanks to those on this forum who advised to apply after midnight on a Sunday when a whole raft of new dates were available. My question is do I need a separate rendezvous for my wife or can we apply and attend the rendezvous together? I

ajm

Re: Carte de Sejour Application

Post by ajm » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 am

We have got our rdvs at the end of November.You will need a seperate rdv for your wife. We have 2 consecutive appointments but hoping that we can be seen by the same person at the same time. Good luck!

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Rabbit,

As I said, we did not need to make an appointment just turn up and wait. We took a ticket for the next number but when I got to the desk the official asked for a second ticket; "Two dossiers, two tickets" he said.
We quickly got another ticket but he relaxed a bit and dealt with us consecutively even though our tickets were a few numbers apart. We sat together at the desk throughout both dossiers being perused.

So as others say, I think one RV will equate to one dossier presentation. Because of the examination of the papers presented and the preparation of the receipt (a temporary CdS), which has much info recorded on it eg full names of farther and mother, it does take some time. Take your birth certificate.

Good luck!

Archy

Post by Archy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:24 pm

rabbit wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 am
I have finally managed to get my rendezvous for the CDS application albeit not until mid December. Thanks to those on this forum who advised to apply after midnight on a Sunday when a whole raft of new dates were available. My question is do I need a separate rendezvous for my wife or can we apply and attend the rendezvous together? I
I emailed our prefecture (Laval) with that same question and was told we must have separate appointments. There was an half hour gap between us. Hubby's took 1 hour! mine took 30 mins as the interviewer said he didn't need to see some of the docs a second time it wouldn't have taken as long as 30 mins except that I had a problem with my finger prints I've almost not got any and had to do each finger separately as I said to the interviewer it's because I'm an alien :innocent:. Fortunately he had a sense of humour. Mrs A.

Maricopa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maricopa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:21 pm

rabbit wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 am
I have finally managed to get my rendezvous for the CDS application albeit not until mid December. Thanks to those on this forum who advised to apply after midnight on a Sunday when a whole raft of new dates were available.
Those....that will be me then, and only me. You're very welcome.

If you are in the Hérault, you definitely need one appointment for each person, but if they are consecutive you can go in together. Good luck.

curtis

Post by curtis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Well, I have decided to try for a TDS even though I can't see I'll need it ! The reason I decided was I have just heard from a friend who dealt with La Rochelle and it went well. No translations and fairly straightforward.
So I had a look on their website and the nearest I could get to what I wanted was asylum seekers !
Anyway, an e mail was replied to in about three hours !! I have an appointment at the beginning of February and as requested I was sent a list of the things needed. So that's stage one.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

ajm

Post by ajm » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Just back from Angers prefecture. Very nice lady who saw both of us together and the whole process for the 2 of us was just 30 minutes.we told her our 2 files were exactly the same and having examined mine she didn't bother with OHs one.Got receipts and told that the cards should be available in a couple of months. First time in our lives (so far) we have had our fingerprints taken.Job done!

Reef

Post by Reef » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Our experience of the process was excellent. Applied in late July and got it in early October.

Short queue, very friendly lady fonctionnaire and both of us processed together.

10 years habitation and work allowed.

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 pm

We have only recently bought a house in France as a second home
We are both retired is their any need or advantage in trying to obtain a carte de séjour ?

Maricopa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maricopa » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Chris wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 pm
.... as a second home
We are both retired is their any need or advantage in trying to obtain a carte de séjour ?
As second homeowners you are by definition not living here full time, hence not eligible for a CDS.