Refund from Les Impôts but for what?

Le Démerdeur

Refund from Les Impôts but for what?

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 pm

My banque account has been creditted with €138 with the description : Ddfip De La Haute Vienne 1e08700

I know that they are the centre for processing payments from Les Impôts and other government departments but I have no idea what this amount is for.

I am à jour with my prélèvements for impôts, taxes foncières & habitation and all of them still have a couple of payments to go out, I might be ahead on impôts after a couple of prélèvements were refused because they used my old bank details and I mad manual payments, possibly one too many but the amount does not correspond and they would simply adjust my remaining ones, nobody will give a refend when there is still money to be paid.

I can only think of 2 other departments, PUMA where I paid my cotisation to URSSAF, maybe they decided it is time to radiate me once again :cry:. The other would be the CAF for the Prime D'activité, its not far off the monthly amount that I should get but they have not accepted the claim until I go down with a pile of paperwork that I dont have like a Carte de séjour.

Anyone know if the Ddfip makes payments for the CAF or URSSAF or have any idea what it might be for, google.fr is awash with people getting free money from them and not knowing why, might be worth you checking your bank statements, many were getting €975 refunded.

Le Démerdeur

Re: Refund from Les Impôts but for what?

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Looking through my CAF folder I found an unrelated document that should not even have been there but which I think solves the mystery.

The Ministère de l'action et des comptes publiques wrote to me last November to say that as a travailleur independant they would be taking monthly prélèvements à la source for my 2019 revenuse based on my declared revenus for 2017, when my revenus for 2018 will be known they would make an adjusting debit or credit in Septembre.

So mystery solved :good:

Any of you whose income dropped in 2018 compared to 2017 should have a present waiting for them in their bank account although I hope nobody has experienced such a drop as I have in the last 2 years, the 3 summer months were 55% down this year against last year which was itself 40% down frm the years before, it used to be the period where I made most of the money for the year, now its the opposite.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Yes, we had the same sort of refund recently. Logged into our a/c at Impôts and found that they had been deducting too much in advance each month. Happened last year too. They seem to overestimate ones income just to be safe. The refund will help to pay the taxe foncière due in our case on the 15th Oct.
Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker

elsie

Post by elsie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:50 am

It might be tax d'habitation overpayment. See this article and some of the comments https://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/tax ... s-20191008

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 am

I posted what it was for when I realised, many should be in the same situation given the moans about the exchange rate.