carte de séjour Department 16

Le Démerdeur

Re: carte de séjour Department 16

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 pm

It was clear to me from day 1 because I smelled a rat, the repeated quoting of the mantra that the French interior ministry had urged UK citizens to apply for a carte de séjour, I watched patiently and intently the couple of hours of deliberations in French by the commission and saw that they never said anything of the sort, the woman was railroaded with loaded questions and the answers put in her mouth "would madame not agree.................... blah blah blah" when she finally gave in and said that it would not do the applicants any harm thats when all the false news started being spouted and was taken up as gospel.

Common sense told me that a CDS would not be needed, that whatever was in the fullness of time deemed to be necessary would be an easier and more streamlined procedure, the more people that put the prefectures under siege the more that was going to be the case. It did not concern me that others wanted to apply, i was pelased for those who git one without difficulty but was concerned for those who encountered difficulties and were becoming anguished for what I believed was no reason but it was only my belief then, now it is a fact but some people are still anguished being invested in the process, I would be royally peed off if I had not had my driving license for the last year.

Soon I will be following up my application for the CAF, a requirement of it is a CDS, for sure if I had one then there would be no bother but I dont believe that its absence is going to prevent me from claiming.

SP1DER

Post by SP1DER » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm

This is the information on the "Les services de l'État en Charente" website which still says to send a dossier in and you will be given a RDV ASAP.

http://www.charente.gouv.fr/Actualites/ ... ts-de-l-UE

I only object to not being kept up to date with what is happening to all those dossiers they have received since 5th October last year. I know of people in this area who are still submitting applications, surely it would be better to say on the website that they were no longer being accepted or necessary.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Yes it does indeed say for EU citizens, the cynic in me asks why they are siphoning them off from the other applications :idea:

I expect that currently the UK applications outnumber those from other EU countries by 100 to 1 so they are probably gathering them all together to sit on them and process them in bulk when they are ready to issue the residents permits.

The catch all words are "le meilleur delai" etc.

Quite a smart move on their part but one that will add to the anguish of some.

Also taking what they say literally, if there is something missing( = I will just drop this in the bin and file it as pièce manquante) then its not a complete dossier thus not recevable thus they wont contact you with a date for the RDV :idea:
Last edited by Le Démerdeur on Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Tue May 14, 2019 9:43 pm

SP1DER wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm
This is the information on the "Les services de l'État en Charente" website which still says to send a dossier in and you will be given a RDV ASAP.

http://www.charente.gouv.fr/Actualites/ ... ts-de-l-UE

I only object to not being kept up to date with what is happening to all those dossiers they have received since 5th October last year. I know of people in this area who are still submitting applications, surely it would be better to say on the website that they were no longer being accepted or necessary.
According to RIFT people are still receiving cards from Angoulême. They are one of the busier prefectures when it comes to U.K. applications but I can’t see them putting any more staff onto the job to speed up the unnecessary.

Catrose

Post by Catrose » Wed May 15, 2019 1:29 pm

The rift advice to collect together the necessary paperwork is sound, as I wonder whether there are people who still have their rose tinted specs on and haven’t focused on the need to meet financial thresholds and so on. Preparing your file, and keeping it up to date for however long it turns out to be, is probably a good thing as it gives enough time to strengthen any areas of weakness....

We got our CdSs in March just because a) it’s very easy here and b) rumour has it that permanent CdSs will be exchanged for free, bit otherwise there will be a fee. Always keen to save a penny or two where we can.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl » Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Picked up our 10 year CDS this morning. No problems other than they didn’t notify us when they were ready for collection. In and out of Toulouse prefecture in under an hour so went to a local vineyard and bought some wine.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett