Latest info re: Carte de Sejour

Aardvark

Latest info re: Carte de Sejour

Post by Aardvark » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 pm

The online site for applications is now offline. This message is posted.

The website “ONLINE PROCEDURE TO REQUEST A RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR BRITISH CITIZENS RESIDING IN FRANCE BEFORE THE UNITED KINGDOM’S WITHDRAWAL DATE FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION” opened in the event of a no-deal Brexit which has been ruled out is now closed.

The French Ministry of Interior is launching its update in order to remain within the framework of the United Kingdom’s withdrawal agreement from the European Union which was eventually reached and ratified by both parties.

The provisions of the withdrawal agreement are applicable to British citizens and their family members already residing or planning to reside in France before 31 December, 2020.

Although the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU is effectively starting from 1 February 2020, the withdrawal agreement provides for a transition period until 31 December 2020, during which all British citizens will keep the rights they acquired as EU citizens.

Pursuant to the withdrawal agreement, the British citizens residing in France will be issued specific residence permits “United Kingdom’s withdrawal agreement from the EU” for which they will have to apply before 1 July, 2021. British citizens residing in France will not be required to hold a residence permit until 1 July, 2021.

For this purpose, a new website adapted to the provisions of the withdrawal agreement will be opened in anticipation early July 2020.

If you are a British citizen or a family member of a British citizen and you have already applied for a residence permit on the no-deal Brexit website, you do not need to make another online application. Your application has been taken into account and will be processed by the local prefecture before the obligation to hold a residence permit becomes enforceable.
These users thanked the author Aardvark for the post (total 9):
After the Storm (Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:46 pm) • Le Démerdeur (Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:09 pm) • exile (Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:33 pm) • Captain Morgan (Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:55 pm) • FrenchForumSurvivor (Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:05 am) • Hexenbeest (Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am) • Mrs Archy (Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:16 pm) • misswoodentop (Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:10 pm) • manonthemoon (Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 pm)
R.I.P. UK

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: Latest info re: Carte de Sejour

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:05 am

Thanks for that, Aardvark, it's reassuring that "British citizens residing in France will not be required to hold a residence permit until 1 July, 2021." Breathing space.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Headers

Post by Headers » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 am

curtis

Post by curtis » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Laugh I nearly did. I have a RDV for my TdeS on Wednesday after 18 mths wait. My dossier is complete. Just by chance I sent a mail yesterday with a question and received a reply this morning at 07.30 (do they work all night at the Préfecture?).
I think it is a standard letter. Anyway, it was very long and most didn't apply.
At the end it said that it would be preferable to apply on the new site which may be operational in July. However, it said you may apply for a TdeS and it cannot be refused.
Final line of the letter. "All appointments have been cancelled"
So if I hadn't contacted I would have made a three hour round trip for nothing.

A sharp reply has been sent.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.