Advice re a feuille de soins form.

Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Crazy Diamond

Advice re a feuille de soins form.

Post by Crazy Diamond » Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm

My wife received a feuille de soins form to send for reimbursement for some recent treatment. However there are a couple of typos on the form and I wondered if it is necessary to correct these before returning the signed original. The first mistake is in the spelling of her name: an extra E has been added and the second is her date of birth which is given as 25/10 when it should be 27/10.

Should she correct these on the form and initial the alterations, leave them as they are not major mistakes, or send an accompanying letter politely pointing out the errors? Knowing how fastidious the French can be re form-filling, when sometimes an uncrossed T is sufficient reason to reject a request, we don't want to screw it up.

Syd.
In a world where You can be anything, be kind.

ajm

Re: Advice re a feuille de soins form.

Post by ajm » Mon May 27, 2019 2:00 pm

Why not go back to whoever issued the form and get a revised version.

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout » Mon May 27, 2019 8:48 pm

Just correct the errors. To be honest, even with errors it would still get through the system as long as your ss number is correct.

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Tue May 28, 2019 12:59 pm

ajm wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:00 pm
Why not go back to whoever issued the form and get a revised version.
Thanks, I'm embarrassed to confess I hadn't thought of that. Too obvious maybe. Knowing how things work (or don't) in France it could be more expedient to do as Mangetout suggests - thanks for that.

Syd.
In a world where You can be anything, be kind.