Turmeric and Black Pepper

Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
PatF

Re: Turmeric and Black Pepper

Post by PatF » Sun May 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Joint pains, especially knees - usually (not always) this comes from the wearing away of the cartilage in the joint over the years.
For years my husband had a lot of pain and weakness in his right knee, which got worse when we were packing up etc to leave France 2 years ago.
Our doctor referred him to the rheumatologist for an injection of hyaluronic acid ( not a cortisone injection which he'd already had.) I believe this helps to rebuild the knee cartilage.
https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/os ... injections
TG it was successful.. He had just the one big injection, not a series of small ones.
We had to pay for part of it.

Leclairon
Has thanked: 0

Post by Leclairon » Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Thanks PF, I'll keep a note of that in case they get worse - it is the knees which seem to be weakening the most, otherwise we are reasonably fit. It's just hard to get up again if we bend or kneel down, and it's the same for both of us …! I try to do a fair bit of walking as I thought that would increase the flexibility but am not sure that is working.

Catrose

Post by Catrose » Sun May 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Have a look at this report. ARUK (now renamed the most stupid ‘versus arthritis’) used to be a body I respected and did useful and reliable things like this

https://www.versusarthritis.org/media/1 ... report.pdf

Leclairon
Has thanked: 0

Post by Leclairon » Mon May 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks, Cat, for the link. Looks some interesting info.