Coronavirus in France

Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Plog

Re: Coronavirus in France

Post by Plog » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am

niemeyjt wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:09 pm
BA have stopped flights to China I think (Plog?) - so I guess next stage will be banning other flights from the region.
Sorry, late on parade here..

Yes they have, they have also reduced from 2 HKG services a day to one, thought they have said the later is down to passenger numbers drying up rather than concerns about the virus.

TBH I'm not sure stopping direct and/ or non stop flights from China and other parts of the region arriving in the UK/EU would be that effective - it might sound like a good move but it ignores the fact that a large number of people coming from the region arrive changed flights via the likes of the Dubai.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 am

JohnnyD wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:44 pm
Do we think we may be approaching a travel ban in the U.K. given they have declared an ‘emergency’ yesterday giving the government special powers, this government is dangerous enough with very simple powers. I really want to make it to France on Friday. :D I have more trust in France coping with an outbreak than the NHS, it can’t cope with flu every winter.

JD
I hope all goes well for your return to France today.

So far it seems that the NHS is coping pretty well with the various cases. I understand that the emergency powers were needed in case people refused to be quarantined, following reports that one of the people at Arrowe Park hospital threatened to leave, risking spreading the virus.

Great that those in the first quarantined group have tested negative for 14 days and have been allowed to resume their normal lives.

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Just about to disembark from the ferry in Caen 😀. All seemed very relaxed with no one really outwardly concerned about corona as far as we could tell, we were a bit more careful about touching door handles and rails on board, and did have some antiseptic wipes 🤣

JD