Cutting it fine.

A place to discuss and ask questions on all aspects of selling a property in France.
After the Storm

Cutting it fine.

Post by After the Storm » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:32 pm

We had a sale going through today but the notaire's office notified us late yesterday afternoon that no payment has been received. So we contacted the buyers who were an route from Holland and eho rrplied saying that no one has asked them to send anything!
They managed to arrange payment by intermet to the notaire last night and the payment arrived today literally 2 minutes before the appointment this afternoon. That is cutting it fine.
Another happy customer, I think they were the happiest we have ever had, I had to take a photo of them together holding their attestation and keys up.
Lovely people that came out to see something else we had last year but it was not for them then we contacted them for the one they bought today and they loved it.
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: Cutting it fine.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Had they paid a deposit? I must admit, in their position I would have thought it a bit odd that no-one had asked for payment and I would have contacted the notaire at least.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm

No, we don’t usually ask for any deposit to be paid. If someone ever changed their mind, we’d rather be able to advertise the property again quickly.
You’d have thought that re asking but it all worked out okay and they left extremely happy with the notaire telling them they were lucky with what they bought and no, we did not tell him to say that.
:)
The Telegraph is simply The Sun for those on higher rate tax.

PatF

Post by PatF » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Congrats on the sale :
We sold our first house to buyers from Holland and they were upfront from the start.
The only thing that bothered us was that on the day of the AdV they brought their notaire to the house and he checked all electric/ gas etc points and various fittings which we had said were included in the sale. Very particular.
Is this unusual?

mysty

Post by mysty » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 pm

They got 7 hectares and a barn so not much to check unless they wanted to count the trees :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience