The roof needs a repair

A place to discuss and ask questions on all aspects of selling a property in France.
mysty

Re: The roof needs a repair

Post by mysty » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:51 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:50 pm
Let the buyers get their hopes up for as long as they want then and spend loads of money on avocats for nothing.
If the buyer involves an Avocat then the seller really needs one as well. You rarely get your costs back even when you win.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:15 am

It is becoming the norm now in France where buyers and sellers are totally suspicious of each other. ALBMF says 'don't trust anyone in France'. Always cross your I's and dot your t's otherwise it will come back and bite you.

If proper house surveys in France were made legal then you would not have this problem.

I will never sell my house or car. Toooo much hassle.

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:27 am

I had a similar problem with our last sale. Despite SPANC reports and visible plumbing the buyers tried to claim 7500 € from me for vice cache of a septic tank issue. This 2 years after the sale. I had hidden nothing told them I'd see them in court. It didn't go any further

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:28 am

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:15 am
It is becoming the norm now in France where buyers and sellers are totally suspicious of each other. ALBMF says 'don't trust anyone in France'. Always cross your I's and dot your t's otherwise it will come back and bite you.

If proper house surveys in France were made legal then you would not have this problem.

I will never sell my house or car. Toooo much hassle.
Selling a car without future liability from vice cache claims is easy-peasy, just use a proper contract of sale.

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://ww2.autoscout24.be/as24_service_contract.pdf

A pity something similar cannot be cobbled up for selling a house.
With inky blots and rotten parchment bonds: That England, that was wont to conquer others, Hath made a shameful conquest of itself”.
Shakespeare’s Richard II.