Where to try and sell a house

A place to discuss and ask questions on all aspects of selling a property in France.
Debra

Re: Where to try and sell a house

Post by Debra » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:20 pm

I have the same problem getting my ex's name of the house we used to live in. It'll cost the same in fees as if I was buying it all over again, even though he's only on the deeds for a third of it.
These users thanked the author Debra for the post:
ALANA42 (Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:55 pm)
Rating: 12.5%

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

ALANA42 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:18 pm
Not quite the same in terms of 'selling a house' but wonder if anyone has any idea of how to transfer the house into one sole name (it is presently in joint names). This is because the doctor is suggesting my husband may need to go into permanent care soon (he has a degenerative illness). I would like to transfer the house into his sole name so that it can be sold to pay for his care when the time comes ......................I have a house in the UK which is only owned by me and have been looking to buy another which would be suitable for him as well, but this is proving difficult ...only found one totally suitable so far, which is a retirement flat but the charges are £6,888 per annum (purchase price more than £200,00 ) and extra care is billed as and when. Whilst at the moment )who knows !) I do not require care, I have a dilemma as to what to do !!!!! I have looked on several French websites concerning name transfer and it would appear Notaires are charging up to or above E5,000 which seems a bit excessive to me !!!!!!

Has anyone done this ? I thought of just telling the state to take it to pay for his care, and the doctor says this is possible (I know someone in the village who did this after their wife passed away) but then it would mean leaving him here on his own (he cannot remember any French, and has little understanding of speech any more !) and me moving away ................

What do do !????? any ideas would be welcome ! Thanks
There is no need for you to pay or change anything. If you want to sell the house to pay care fees you just sell it.
You should get a power of attorney to cover you if your husbands condition worsens and is deemed not fit to sign legal documents. Any Notaire can draw that up for you, its very cheap if they even charge you.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Whatif
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Whatif » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

I would have thought that you already had to be of sound mind before you could sign a Power of Attorney.

mysty

Post by mysty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Whatif wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm
I would have thought that you already had to be of sound mind before you could sign a Power of Attorney.
Or to buy a house in France but the notaire still asks. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience