Compromis

Questions about where to look for property.
The buying process etc.
Jaques

Compromis

Post by Jaques » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am

Notaire is insisting on the diagnostic being completed before the compromis, that normal?

Also wants any receipts for anything related to the house, ie receipt for floor tiles in kitchen etc

Is there any reason why the seller should or should not provide the receipts

After the Storm

Re: Compromis

Post by After the Storm » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:47 am

Yes, the reports have to be done first, the conclusions are included in the compromis. When signing the compromis, they are also signed by everyone with all the other various prices of information about the property such as which earthquake zone category it is in.
Perhaps work has been done on the property that is tax deductible if it was not a permanent residence or it has a ten year guarantee, the notaire would want receipts for either of those reasons.
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.

buzz

Post by buzz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 am

I think it's normal. The buyer wants to know what he's buying and if there are any problems he will need to get put right, before he commits to buying at a certain price.

The notaire will probably want receipts for any major work to check that was carried out by artisans and carries the obligatory 10 year guarantee. If there is no guarantee the seller needs to be made aware of the fact. Not sure why he would want a receipt for floor tiles. Also if it's a holiday home and you are selling at a profit, you'll want the notaire to offset artisan bills to reduce your CGT.

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:57 am

Yes the diagnostic report is part of the Compromis document.
As for the receipts this is so that the Notaire can separate costs of furnishings and appliances - normally movable items - from the cost of the building. The buyer pays a tax on the selling price of the property building. By listing the furniture/appliances etc which you may have included in the price the Notaire can deduct an allowance taking into account their second hand values, so the buyer pays less tax. No receipts, then no deductions. I can't think why he would ask for floor tile receipts.

PatF

Post by PatF » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Does 'diagnostic' include a report on the sanitation system etc, from SPANC?
I would think it does. Because once the compromis is signed by both parties it's fairly binding, difficult to get out of.
I know when we sold our house I didn't tell anyone until the compromis was over.

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:42 am

PatF wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:18 pm
Does 'diagnostic' include a report on the sanitation system etc, from SPANC?
I would think it does. Because once the compromis is signed by both parties it's fairly binding, difficult to get out of.
I know when we sold our house I didn't tell anyone until the compromis was over.
No the diagnostic report does not contain a SPANC report. If you are not on mains drainage the seller must commission a SPANC report - about another 110€ when I last had one. If you are on mains drainage the local water authority still have to make a report to affirm that your rainwater and grey water sewage are separated